HomeGroupsTalkExplore

Crossing the Chasm by Geoffrey A. Moore

Crossing the Chasm (original 1991; edition 2002)

by Geoffrey A. Moore

1,4031411,554 (4.02)None
Here is the bestselling guide that created a new game plan for marketing in high-tech industries. Crossing the Chasm has become the bible for brining cutting-edge products to progressively larger markets. This revised and updated edition provides new insights into the realities of high-tech marketing, with special emphasis on the Internet. It's essential reading for anyone with a stake in the world's most exciting marketplace.… (more)
Member:seysconstantijn
Title:Crossing the Chasm
Authors:Geoffrey A. Moore
Info:Collins Business (2002), Edition: Revised, Paperback, 256 pages

Work Information

Crossing the Chasm by Geoffrey A. Moore (1991)

I was reading this book for work reasons more from the technology products angle rather than the marketing angle, and the technology examples in the book are definitely dated now. But what I found most interesting was not what the book said per se, but reflecting that against the places I've worked at and how the idea of a chasm between early market and mainstream market mattered for the technologies they were in. ( )
  mari_reads | Apr 14, 2022 |
Helped identify /lots/ of potential failure modes for my one-day startup. ( )
  isovector | Dec 13, 2020 |
Over the past week, I decided to tackle a book that has been sitting on my shelf for a couple of years. This book is a Businessweek Bestseller. It is Geoffrey Moore’s Crossing the Chasm. The book focuses on bringing products to market. After reading it, I believe it can be used for more than the high tech industry. Moore’s analogy to the D-day invasion is spot on. It helped me think about a strategy that I need to use to advance my efforts. Read more ( )
  skrabut | Sep 2, 2020 |
Good principles but dated examples make this a good but not perfect book. Very easy to skim and not feel like you are missing much. ( )
  Skybalon | Mar 19, 2020 |
Crossing the Chasm focuses on how companies - especially technology providers - can make the leap from their early market to mainstream adoption. It's critical to understand how the customer needs and perspectives differ between the various stages of early and later adoption. In between is a fundamental shift in needs and expectations. Crossing that chasm requires building momentum the right way. I found this book practical for analogous situations, including that of the internal specialized provider. ( )
  jpsnow | Oct 8, 2017 |

Belongs to Publisher Series

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 182,814,680 books! | Top bar: Always visible