The Ersatz Elevator (A Series of Unfortunate…

The Ersatz Elevator (A Series of Unfortunate Events #6) (original 2001; edition 2002)

by Lemony Snicket (Author)

The woeful saga of the Baudelaire orphans continues as evil Count Olaf discovers their whereabouts at Esmé Squalor's seventy-one bedroom penthouse and concocts a new plan for stealing their family fortune.
Member:sseath83
Title:The Ersatz Elevator (A Series of Unfortunate Events #6)
Authors:Lemony Snicket (Author)
Info:Scholastic (2002), Edition: 1st

Work Information

The Ersatz Elevator by Lemony Snicket (2001)

English (81)  Spanish (1)  All languages (82)
The series is definitely growing on me. This installment was less formulaic than previous ones, and I found myself laughing out loud more often, but I’m not sure if that’s due to it being really funny or if my sense of humor is starting to line up more with the author’s due to the repeated exposure. Either way, I’m looking forward to the next book. ( )
  Annrosenzweig | Oct 15, 2021 |
I've been reading this series as bedtime stories with Milly, although I did have to go back and read a few myself that she had raced through, unable to wait for me to read them to her at the pace of one chapter a night. They are genuinely brilliant books, funny and dark, mysterious and absurd.

Are there many children's books which manage to reference JD Salinger and The Crying of Lot 49? Probably not a whole lot. By the end of this book the sense of a bigger plot is growing stronger. ( )
  AlisonSakai | Dec 6, 2020 |

Lemony Snicketprimary authorall editionscalculated
Helquist, BrettIllustratorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
Kupperman, MichaelIllustratorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
Curry, TimNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
For Beatrice -- When we met, my life began. Soon afterwards, yours ended.
The book you are holding in your two hands right now - assuming that you are, in fact, holding this book, and that you have only two hands - is one of two books in the world that will show you the difference between the word "nervous" and the word "anxious".
If you are ever forced to take a chemistry class, you will probably see, at the front of the classroom, a large chart divided into squares, with different numbers and letters in each of them. This chart is called the table of the elements, and scientists like to say that it contains all the substances that make up our world. Like everyone else, scientists are wrong from time to time, and it is easy to see that they are wrong about the table of the elements. Because although this table contains a great many elements, from the element oxygen, which is found in the air, to the element aluminium, which is found in cans of soda, the table of the elements does not contain one of the most powerful elements that make up our world, and that is the element of surprise.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 166,064,509 books! | Top bar: Always visible