Duecentosei ossa by Kathy Reichs

Duecentosei ossa (original 2009; edition 2009)

by Kathy Reichs

Chicago forensic anthropologist Temperance Brennan is accused of mishandling the autopsy and the case of a missing heiress from Montreal--an investigation that becomes more complicated when two more bodies of elderly women are found in Montreal and Tempe faces the very real possibility that a colleague has sabotaged work in the lab.… (more)
Member:delphaber
Title:Duecentosei ossa
Authors:Kathy Reichs
Info:Rizzoli (2009), Hardcover, 394 pages

206 Bones by Kathy Reichs (2009)

Recently added byrena75, KinghornLibrary, private library, Chocoruapublic

English (74)  German (2)  French (2)  Danish (1)  Italian (1)  Dutch (1)  All languages (81)
Just what the doctor ordered. Intrigue, murder, and a disgruntled coworker to boot! I enjoyed this very much, including the nostalgia factor. Definitely didn't blow me away though. Was a touch formulaic. ( )
  thebacklistbook | Apr 24, 2019 |
Good Read ( )
  MustangGuy | Feb 22, 2019 |
Kathy Reichs' books have always been of interest to me. As a nurse I find forensics fascinating. Having read the books in succession to this point, I was pleased with 206 Bones. The thrill & skill have returned. The previous two books (Bones to Ashes; Devil Bones) were disappointing. Good premise, but slow. A previous review stated 206 Bones was too preachy about professional certification. I did not notice an emphasis on that topic until late in the novel & I do not think it was overdone. If a person is ever in need of professional services whether it is from a lawyer, doctor, nurse, or forensic anthropologist it is reassuring to know they are properly trained. They work hard for their degrees & certifications. Support staff are important but are trained in a completely different manner. I know because I've been there. ( )
  godmotherx5 | Apr 5, 2018 |
From Amazon:

There are 206 bones in the human body. Forensic anthropologists know them intimately, can use them to reconstruct every kind of violent end. When Tempe finds herself regaining consciousness in some kind of very small, very dark, very cold enclosed space—bound, hands to feet—Tempe begins slowly to reconstruct... Tempe and Lieutenant Ryan had accompanied the recently discovered remains of a missing heiress from Montreal to the Chicago morgue. Suddenly, Tempe was accused of mishandling the autopsy—and the case. Back in Montreal, the corpse of a second elderly woman was found in the woods, and then a third. Seamlessly weaving between Tempe’s present-tense terror as she’s held captive and her memory of the cases of these murdered women.

My Thoughts:

If you're a fan, you'll enjoy this one--a good mix of the familiar and the new. If you're a fan of the TV series, try not to think of the books as having any relation to the show--they're completely different in tone, style, and depth. The book loses a star for a blindingly obvious suspect that went unnoticed until the end and tangents that serve only to slow down the reader and show off the author's researching and/or trivia skills. Also, the very, very end devolves into what feels like a self-serving (although probably justifiable) tirade about qualifications to be a forensic anthropologist. While she may have a point, it was about a subtle as an anvil to the forehead and brought the book to a screeching halt. Granted, it was the last page so halting is to be expected, but the tone just didn't fit in with the overall book. But overall I enjoyed the book.
  Carol420 | May 31, 2016 |
I have to hand it to Ms. Reichs...keeping a character fresh and interesting after 12 books is a real accomplishment! There are a plethora of CSI/anthropology/coroner/pathologist characters in the literary world, but Temperance Brennan remains one of my favorite. She has life difficulties, but still has a decent life. She has friends, families (she is close to her ex-husbands family in Chicago as well as her own in NC), and on again, off again lovers. She has a cat named Birdie. She is smart, tough, and conscientious--everything you want in a person who is trying to discover the who, what, and hows of murder.

debs913 | Apr 2, 2016 |
Reichs isn’t above a bit of melodrama, and her heroine is metaphorically tied to the tracks at one awkward juncture — until the forensic procedures take center stage, as they always do in this cleverly plotted and expertly maintained series.

Kathy Reichsprimary authorall editionscalculated
Emond, LindaNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Lee, WillCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Rosenblat, BarbaraNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
This book is dedicated to my colleagues in the forensic sciences who have demonstrated their professional commitment and aptitude by applying for and obtaining legitimate board certification. The exam was a bear, but we did it! Bravo!
Cold.
Includes bonus audiobook

LibraryThing Early Reviewers Alum

Kathy Reichs's book 206 Bones was available from LibraryThing Early Reviewers.

Sign up to get a pre-publication copy in exchange for a review.

Recorded Books

An edition of this book was published by Recorded Books.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 142,515,481 books! | Top bar: Always visible