The Gospel of Mark by Mary Healy
There is an increasing hunger among Catholics to study the Bible in depth and in a way that integrates Scripture with Catholic doctrine, worship, and daily life. In October 2008, a meeting of the world Synod of Bishops scheduled by Pope Benedict XVI will focus on "The Word of God in the Life and Mission of the Church." Coinciding with that meeting is the launch of the Catholic Commentary on Sacred Scripture (CCSS), a series that responds to the desire of Catholics to access the living Word of God. The Gospel of Mark is the first of seventeen volumes, which will cover the entire New Testament. Written by trusted Catholic biblical scholars, these commentaries interpret Scripture in the light of Catholic tradition. Accessibly written yet substantive, the CCSS fills a gap in the available literature by offering commentaries that cover more than brief study guides but are less daunting than scholarly commentaries.… (more)

The story begins with John the Baptist preaching that Jesus is coming as Messiah to save people from their sin. His prophecy comes true as Jesus is born, by the virgin Mary. John the Baptist finally meets Jesus one day when Jesus visits and asks John to baptize him at the river. “Teacher, I shouldn’t be the one baptizing you; you should be baptizing me,” was John’s reply in the moment, but he did it anyway. Later on, Jesus told his disciples “Come follow me, I will make you fishers of men and women.” They went all over, preaching to people and healing others who had diseases until the Pharisees and Sadducees got so angry that he was sent to court to be crucified. He rose up from the dead in three days, and preached once more to his disciples, and left.

Being a christian, it is my religion to worship god and go to church. I honestly would have thought that the religious people of that time would have believed Jesus. It would seem that those who study the scriptures the most would have been the group of people who would follow Jesus the closest. But, instead he chose a poor group of fishermen to be his disciples. Jesus had said “Those who are first shall be last, and those who are last shall be first,” which meant that the wicked won’t prosper but the good will. Any other christians I know might be reading this. But for now it is for a grade. bye.
  BenC.G3 | Jan 16, 2019 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 138,809,823 books! | Top bar: Always visible