Buja's Diary

by Se-yong O

From Korea comes a collection of incisive observant short stories by a leading artist. Reading these thirteen exceptional stories is an experience similar to appreciating a touching poem or watching a series of stills from a silent movie. Combining the traits of different artistic genres, O has indeed created his own world of comic art. While eloquently presenting a universal human experience, O also brings a delightful and exotic insight into Korean society. Whereas Manwa (Korean comics) can be much more than we expect...… (more)

Buja's Diary is a collection of stories by Se-young Oh that was written in the late 1980s and early 1990s.

They are short stories in the classic sense in that each story has a distinct high moment and then an esoteric end.

So if you want a graphic novel that is adventurous and happy, this manhwa may not be for you. These are not pleasant stories. The happiest one is the first one but it isn't so happy for the dog.

All in all, I did not like it and I say that with reservation because I may not have been in the mood for a downer read like this one. ( )
  mangaphan | Dec 4, 2008 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 165,903,156 books! | Top bar: Always visible