Batman: The Killing Joke

by Alan Moore, Brian Bolland (Illustrator), John Higgins (Colorist)

A dark tale of madness and obsession with The Joker, one of Batman's oldest and deadliest adversaries.
    DC Universe: The Stories of Alan Moore by Alan Moore (artturnerjr)
    artturnerjr: DC UNIVERSE contains THE KILLING JOKE in its entirety, along with a bunch of other great DC stories by Alan Moore. It's also only about 2 bucks more than the KILLING JOKE hardcover.
    Cover Story: The DC Comics Art of Brian Bolland by Brian Bolland (apokoliptian)
    Greatest Joker Stories Ever Told (DC Comics) by Mike Gold (FFortuna)
    Batman: The Man Who Laughs by Ed Brubaker (FFortuna)
    Batman: Cacophony by Kevin Smith (FFortuna)

English (38)  Spanish (1)  All languages (39)
Un buen libro para fans de Joker.
Batman esta por estar, la estrella sin duda es Joker ( )
  trusmis | Sep 30, 2021 |
Short and satisfying.

Alan Moore isn't my favorite comics writer but this take on the Joker was really good for a short comic: brutal, shocking and twisted; which are the same words I use for describing the Joker aka The Best Villain Ever Written.

Ash600 | Mar 19, 2021 |
The art is the best of any Batman comic I've seen, the ending is darkly sweet, and the message is something that's stuck with me for years. ( )
  jasonrkron | Jan 15, 2021 |
I started reading DC comics a couple of years ago and this Graphic Novel I have always seen on on any list I've seen. This is my first time I've read it today and I'm wondering why I didn't pick it up sooner. I had some New 52 titles on my list, since I was a newbie to this world and wanted to understand the players first and to the read older titles later.

This book is a masterpiece with the writing and the art, everything about it is perfect. There's no need to put off reading this. All you need to understand, and this is true for anybody who's every heard about batman, is that Batman and Joker have been doing the same dance for years. With Joker being his crazy self and Batman catching him after all the destruction and throwing him back in jail.

Batgirl is one of my favorites and now I'm on the hunt to find me some Oracle stories, since I know her future. I want to see the Oracle years and her struggles.

If you can find this book anywhere. Get it and read it. ( )
  payday1999 | Dec 8, 2020 |
Fantastic. I could hear the song in my head and feel myself there. Truly a classic. ( )
  bradleyhorner | Jun 1, 2020 |

Moore, Alanprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Bolland, BrianIllustratormain authorall editionsconfirmed
Higgins, JohnColoristmain authorall editionsconfirmed
There were these two guys in a lunatic asylum . . .
"Hello. I came to talk."
This record is for the original graphic novel by Alan Moore and Brian Bolland. Please do not combine with the 2008 deluxe edition, or the 2016 animated movie.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 169,987,273 books! | Top bar: Always visible