Dietrich Bonhoeffer's Christmas Sermons

by Edwin H. Robertson, Dietrich Bonhoeffer

"The celebration of Advent is possible only to those who are troubled in soul, who know themselves to be poor and imperfect, who look forward to something greater to come. For these, it is enough to wait in humble fear until the Holy One himself comes down to us, God in the child in the manger. God comes. The Lord Jesus comes. Christmas comes. Christians rejoice!" -Dietrich Bonhoeffer Executed by the Nazis for his complicity in a plot to assassinate Hitler, Dietrich Bonhoeffer remains with us today through his writings-far-reaching ripples of deep thought, passionate words, and unflinching character. Including biographical insights, Dietrich Bonhoeffer's Christmas Sermons spans Bonhoeffer's seventeen years as a preacher. This collection of vintage sermons and writings searches out the power and mystery of the Christmas season: its joyous riches and its implications for our lives. Also available Dietrich Bonhoeffer's Prison Poems Dietrich Bonhoeffer's Meditations on Psalms… (more)

A collection of sermons spanning Bonhoeffer's all-too-short ministry, with helpful biographical introductions that place the sermons in the context of Bonhoeffer's life and world (and World War II) events. Some of the later pieces are especially gripping, making one wonder how Bonhoeffer's theology may have developed from there and what kind of challenges he might pose in our present time. Merry Christmas! ( )
  bibleblaster | Jan 23, 2016 |

Edwin H. Robertsonprimary authorall editionscalculated
Bonhoeffer, Dietrichmain authorall editionsconfirmed

Zondervan

An edition of this book was published by Zondervan.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 164,532,515 books! | Top bar: Always visible