Have you checked out SantaThing, LibraryThing's gift-giving tradition?
dismiss

The Beginner's Bible: Timeless Children's…

The Beginner's Bible: Timeless Children's Stories (edition 2016)

by Zondervan (Author)

Retells familiar Bible stories from the Old and New Testaments for children to enjoy.
Member:UnderhillAcademy
Title:The Beginner's Bible: Timeless Children's Stories
Authors:Zondervan (Author)
Info:Zonderkidz (2016), Edition: Illustrated, 512 pages

Work Information

The Beginner's Bible: Timeless Children's Stories by Karyn Henley

Bible story books are such a wonderful tool to have on hand to introduce the young child to the Bible and the bare-bones of the Word of God. You can choose to have one or you can choose to have a variety so that your child can experience the many "tellings" and "illustrative styles" of authors and artists as they bring to life what God reveals to mankind in his word.

Now a Bible storybook is not nor should be considered to be the actual Word of God. It is an introduction to and base of study for beginners. Hence the writers, illustrators, and publishers have labored diligently to bring to your home a book worthy of it's title - The Beginner's Bible from ZonderKidz an imprint of Zondervan.

This new edition of the originally published in 1989 Beginner's Bible just exudes life and brilliance in the attention-grabbing, child centric illustrations rendered in a virtual 3-D effect in stong, bright colors.

This will become a well-loved book by your child and you will delight that your child loves hearing about the many wonderful men and women from the Bible. A great preparation for the years when the real Bible will become an integral part of their own life.

I receieved a complimentary copy to facilitate a review of my honest opinions without compensation. Opinions are solely my own. ( )
  VeraGodley | Dec 29, 2016 |
This is a lovely children's Bible, perfectly pitched for preschoolers. The drawings are bright and interesting, and the wordings are clear and accurate. We used it with the accompanying devotionals: Beginning with God books 1-3. They were the perfect first foray into daily readings since each day is split into the same easy structure of starter, main course, and questions. Some days the only incentive for my son to do it was the sticker at the end, but increasingly he enjoyed the time and we've now set up a regular slot every day. ( )
  eclecticdodo | Dec 17, 2015 |
Great books for kids! Nice to read during bedtime! ( )
  Toneicya | Feb 23, 2015 |
Early reader.
  NEYM_RE_Library | Dec 3, 2013 |
I recently had the pleasure of reviewing The Beginner's Bible App on my iPad. This app is so well done, colorful and full of lessons for the young child just starting out learning the bible. I loved the beautiful illustrations, the easy to read follow along hi-lighted words and the audio. So all the child needs to do is listen and read along. As well as the read along story there is a play section where the child can interact more with the coloring pages that can be colored right on the iPad. There are also jigsaw puzzles to challenge the young mind. A video game is also included in the first story pack that helps the child with manual dexterity. Each story pack can be purchased right through the app.

I am a grandmother so I do not have young children in the household but I think that this app is a must for the family that wants to share God's story with their children. I loved it.

I reviewed this app and was not monetarily compensated for my review. ( )
  celticlady53 | Oct 9, 2012 |

Henley, Karynprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Davis, Dennasmain authorall editionsconfirmed
DeVries, CatherineEditorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
Davis, DennasIllustratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Pulley, KellyIllustratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Tuinstra, KristenEditorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 164,307,546 books! | Top bar: Always visible