Lord Perfect (Carsington Family Series) by…

Lord Perfect (Carsington Family Series) (edition 2006)

by Loretta Chase (Author)

6191838,893 (3.91)29
Fiction. Romance. Historical Fiction. Humor (Fiction.) HTML:IDEAL
The heir to the Earl of Hargate, Benedict Carsington, Viscount Rathbourne, is the perfect aristocrat. Tall, dark, and handsome, he is known for his impeccable manners and good breeding. Benedict knows all the rules and has no trouble following them—until she enters his life.

INFAMOUS
Bathsheba Wingate belongs to the rotten branch of the DeLucey family: a notorious lot of liars, frauds, and swindlers. Small wonder her husband’s high-born family disowned him. Now widowed, she’s determined to give her daughter a stable life and a proper upbringing. Nothing and no one will disrupt Bathsheba’s plans—until he enters her life…

SCANDALOUS
Then Bathsheba’s hoyden daughter lures Benedict’s precocious nephew into a quest for a legendary treasure. To recover the would-be knights errant, Benedict and Bathsheba must embark on a rescue mission that puts them in dangerous, intimate proximity. It’s a situation virtually guaranteed to end in mayhem—even scandal!—if anyone else were involved. But Benedict is in perfect control of events. Perfect control, despite his mad desire to break all the rules. Perfect control. Really.

… (more)
Member:slayerjasmine
Title:Lord Perfect (Carsington Family Series)
Authors:Loretta Chase (Author)
Info:Berkley (2006), 304 pages
Collections:Wishlist

Work Information

Lord Perfect by Loretta Chase

English (17)  Spanish (1)  All languages (18)
I enjoyed this one quite a bit. Roadtrip romances are a fun little adventure. The ending does seem to start in with setting up future books rather than properly focusing on the wrap up of this one, but, it wasn't too bad. ( )
  JorgeousJotts | Dec 3, 2021 |
Rarely do I ever have the problem of coming up with something to say about a book. I can usually find some wonderful or horrible things to comment on. There was simply nothing for me to comment on in this book; I just could not get into the story! Benedict and Bathsheba go from Inn to Inn chasing after Peregrine and Olivia while trying to keep from being drawn to each other and anyone finding out who Benedict is.

There were some witty lines thrown in during conversations between Benedict and Bathsheba but that is the only aspect of this story I can think of to recommend. I never felt this couple connecting, even though I read over and over how they were drawn to each other; no chemistry there in my opinion.

The middle bulk of the book was so "eh" for me it was dangerously close to being boring. This story was not only missing something for me it was missing a whole lot of somethings. Benedict and Bathsheba never did it for me. I would have much rather read about Peregrine and Olivia, two kids! I demand that Loretta Chase write their story, I Need to read it! Olivia and Peregrine have the chemistry I thought Benedict and Bathsheba lacked. The ending of the story with the treasure was an unexpected twist and captured my attention again.

Meeting the characters of Peregrine and Olivia and the ending of this book saved it from being a total failure and falling into the echelon of books where a week later I couldn't tell a thing about what happened in the story.

I really wish there was more I could say about this book but there just isn't. Sadly wanting Peregrine and Olivia to get their own story is the only thing I took away from this book.

C- ( )
  WhiskeyintheJar | Feb 14, 2019 |
Loved this book. It's a keeper. ( )
  phyllis2779 | Feb 23, 2018 |
Usually I don't like romances with children playing a large role, but this is one of the very few exceptions. Again, a book full of great humor, witty conversations, and wonderful characters. I fully believe in the relationship between Batsheba and Benedict, and how they interact with the children. And this is also one of the few 'road regencies' I've read. ( )
  Marcella1717 | Jan 22, 2016 |
story was a little too predictable and had a funky ending where a notorious outcasted woman becomes respectable overnight bkz they find a fake treasure -silly ( )
  afarrington | Oct 24, 2015 |

Belongs to Series

To Walter

Fiction. Romance. Historical Fiction. Humor (Fiction.) HTML:IDEAL

INFAMOUS

SCANDALOUS

Current Discussions

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 208,983,258 books! | Top bar: Always visible