Gossip Girl #9: Only In Your Dreams: A…

Gossip Girl #9: Only In Your Dreams: A Gossip Girl Novel (original 2006; edition 2006)

by Cecily von Ziegesar

Member:egambrill
Title:Gossip Girl #9: Only In Your Dreams: A Gossip Girl Novel
Authors:Cecily von Ziegesar
Info:Poppy (2006), Paperback, 256 pages

Only in Your Dreams by Cecily von Ziegesar (2006)

It's the month of June and Serena's playing a modern version of Holly Golightly in a movie, Blair spends some time in London with Marcus, Nate's doing construction in the Hamptons, and Dan & Vanessa are living in the city breaking up and getting back together and whatever. I'm a little tired of how quickly these kids jump into and out of relationships, but I still can't wait to find out what crazy stuff they do next. ( )
  EmScape | Apr 4, 2011 |
The book was a modern day soap opera that has strong language, sex, abuse of drugs an alcohol, spoiled rich girls spending money, and the narrator is from a blog named Gossip Girl who is not known. The story fits some parts of the young adult characteristics including writing from the viewpoint of a young adult, very fast-paced, many subjects involved, characters are from many different backgrounds but not cultural, the characters are very optimistic with a few accomplishments but many bad decisions that are not resolved with better outcomes, emotions that young adults deal with are very prevalent, and the characteristic of pleasing the mother is somewhat there but only a little. The book is definitely a realistic and controversial story. The characters are similar in many ways including young and naïve when it comes to making decisions. Adults are almost non-existent. The storyline is left opened for a continuous series so all of the problems seem to remain with many questions unanswered. The problem with Serena’s acting was tidied up a little too neat and with no adult intervention. This is not a book I would recommend to any young adult because of the influences and messages it conveys. If I were a librarian I do not think it would be ordered for the collection. As a parent I would have to be a censor.
  carladeville | Oct 8, 2010 |
Another fun read in this series. ( )
  bhryk0 | Sep 20, 2010 |
I have really enjoyed this series up until this installment.

Was it my mood while reading it? Have I just read too many of these? Has the TV series created an overload on these characters?

I am not sure what the reason - but this 9th installment of the series was a big disappointment for me. Instead of the quick and frothy read all the others were for me - this was sluggish and boring. I had to force myself to plug through it.

So sad! ( )
  alanna1122 | Oct 25, 2009 |
240/240

The book Only in your dreams takes place in the summer, last of their summer though, before they move off to college. Blair is in the Atlantic with Lord Marcus, Serena is given an apartment, and stars in her new movie, Vanessa is working on the film, Daniel has a job. Serena is going to be famous. Blair is in a hotel with Lord Marcus, but she returns home and moves into Serena's apartment because a very cute guy. Serena dives into her new role, but she is struggling to learn her lines, she only does it just to get with her FAMOUS co-star.

The main character is Serena and Blair, because the book talks about them the most and every part of the book talks about them. Serena changed throughout the book because she trying and trying to learn her lines, and acting to get into yale. The things I did not like about the book was the cussing and bad words. I probably can not relate to this because, I'm not this kinda of girl.
I would recommend this book to girls who do watch Gossip Girl, and understand the plot and the drama.
If I can play some one it would probably be Vanessa.

December 11th 2008.
  mespanola | Dec 12, 2008 |

Welcome to New York City's Upper East Side, where the girls are dazzling, the guys are gorgeous, and the summer heat is the perfect excuse to throw a fabulous roof-deck pool party. As if we need a reason!It's our last summer together before heading off to college, and things are sizzling -- no, it's not just the weather. Despite that steamy kiss on graduation night, Blair, Serena, and Nate have gone their separate ways...though not for long. Blair is off to London with her English Lord boyfriend, Serena's about to become a movie star -- as if she wasn't a star already! -- and Nate's rolling up his well-worn khakis and heading to the Hamptons. Back in New York, Dan and Vanessa are rekindling their love. Fiery! Watch out, this summer is going to be hotter than ever.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:03:26 -0400)

Follows of the lives of Blair, Serena, and their wealthy Manhattan friends during the summer following high school graduation.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 124,561,774 books! | Top bar: Always visible