The Other Country by Carol Ann Duffy

The Other Country

by Carol Ann Duffy

I love this collection. So many of the poems are lovely, but I especially like "Two Small Poems of Desire" and "Girlfriends". They're kind of erotic, but also capture a little of the... ridiculousness of sex.

I think we've established by now that as far as I can see, Duffy can do no wrong. ( )
  shanaqui | Apr 9, 2013 |

Carol Ann Duffy's third collection takes us to the other country' - the places that we visit in fantasy, memory and imagination. What is admirable about Duffy', commented Robert Nye in The Times', is that she celebrates such places without sentimentalizing them, and wrings the last drop of meaning from each visit.'

Carol Ann Duffy was born in Glasgow in 1955. Her awards include first prize in the 1983 National Poetry Competition; three Scottish Arts Council Book Awards; Eric Gregory, Somerset Maugham and Dylan Thomas Awards in Britain and a 1995 Lannan Literary Award in the USA. In 1993 she received the Forward Poetry Prize and the Whitbread Poetry Award for her acclaimed fourth collection Mean Time'. On May 1, 2009 she was named the Poet Laureate of the United Kingdom.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:04:57 -0400)

The first book in a vibrant new series! Zoe loves her doll Molly, but so does Beans. It ?s become a bit of a problem. And it all began when Beans lost his favourite toy, Binky Boo.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 128,957,038 books! | Top bar: Always visible