On Grief and Grieving: Finding the Meaning…

On Grief and Grieving: Finding the Meaning of Grief Through the Five… (original 2005; edition 2005)

by Elisabeth; Kessler Kubler-Ross, David

Member:clevercelt
Title:On Grief and Grieving: Finding the Meaning of Grief Through the Five Stages of Loss
Authors:Elisabeth; Kessler Kubler-Ross, David
Info:Scribner's & Company (2005), Paperback, 256 pages

On Grief and Grieving: Finding the Meaning of Grief Through the Five Stages of Loss by Elisabeth Kübler-Ross (2005)

English (11)  Spanish (1)  All languages (12)
This book revisits the five stages in order to create a deeply empathetic and accessible guide for those left behind. With compassion and understanding the authors deliver insights and advice designed to help readers rebalance their lives and find the courage to continue.
Simon and Schuster, 2005, £12.99
  LibraryPAH | Oct 19, 2017 |
Simple to read; almost simplistic but at least somewhat helpful. The book is a collection of case histories with commentary. If you have lost someone, and aren't inclined to struggle with complex concepts and academic language, this is the book for you. ( )
  turtlesleap | May 21, 2016 |
Profound ... I read this shortly after my daughter died and it was a fantastic guide to the intricate, complicated, uncertain world of grief. God Bless Elizabeth Kubler Ross! ( )
  suzflt | Feb 10, 2016 |
Reinforces that my thoughts and feelings as I deal with grief are not unusual or odd. Everyone's grief is unique but there are some common threads and feelings to be aware of. Very helpful. ( )
  becka11y2 | Jan 19, 2016 |
I read On Grief and Grieving for a couple of reasons. One, my husband and I have experienced a handful of significant losses in the past two years and we’re both still dealing with the effects of that. Our grief counselor suggested this book. Two, I’m writing a novel in which the main characters deal with a huge loss (art imitating life?) and I wanted more insight into how grief works and how different people grieve. It’s a great book, full of information that will shed light on an often-confusing darkness and help you feel less alone. Grief is a strange animal and this book is all about embracing that fact and being patient with the process. I plan to keep this book on the shelf for future hard times. I know it will come in handy. ( )
  KimHooperWrites | Feb 22, 2015 |

Elisabeth Kübler-Rossprimary authorall editionscalculated
Kessler, Davidmain authorall editionsconfirmed
For my beloved granddaughters, Emma Sadie and Sylvia Anna, who kept me going when I kept going. - Elisabeth

For my two dear friends, Berry Berenson Perkins and Wayne Hutchinson; love never dies. - David
On August 24, 2004, Elisabeth Kubler-Ross died. (Preface)

Anticipation heightens the senses and enhanced birthdays, holiday celebrations, vacations. (Introduction)

The stages have evolved since their introduction, and they have been very misunderstood over the past three decades.

This book applies the stages to the process of grieving and weaves together theory, inspiration, and practical advice, all based on Kubler-Ross's and Kessler's professional and personal experiences, and is filled with brief, topic-driven stories. It includes sections on sadness, hauntings, dreams, coping, children, healing, isolation, and even the subject of sex during grief.

Elisabeth Kübler-Ross's On Death and Dying changed the way we talk about the end of life. Before her own death in 2004, she and David Kessler completed On Grief and Grieving, which looks at the way we experience the process of grief.

Just as On Death and Dying taught us the five stages of death -- denial, anger, bargaining, depression, and acceptance -- On Grief and Grieving applies these stages to the grieving process and weaves together theory, inspiration, and practical advice, including sections on sadness, hauntings, dreams, isolation, and healing.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:17:46 -0400)

"In her first, seminal book, On Death and Dying, Elisabeth Kubler-Ross identified five stages of dying: Denial, Anger, Bargaining, Depression and Acceptance. In the years that followed, it became evident that these stages applied not only to the process of accepting death, but also to accepting other difficult and catastrophic life experiences, such as losing a loved one." "In her final book, On Grief and Grieving, completed shortly before her death, Kubler-Ross and Life Lessons co-author David Kessler revisit the five stages in order to create a deeply empathetic and accessible guide for those left behind. With compassion and understanding, the authors deliver insights and advice designed to help readers rebalance their lives and find the courage to continue."--BOOK JACKET.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 129,593,016 books! | Top bar: Always visible