Dark Side of the Moon (Dark-Hunter, Book 10)…

Dark Side of the Moon (Dark-Hunter, Book 10) (edition 2006)

by Sherrilyn Kenyon

Series: Were-Hunter (5), Dark-Hunter (10)

Susan Michaels was once the hottest reporter on the Beltway Beat until a major scandal ruined her life and left her writing stories about alien babies and Elvis sightings. Life as she once knew it is over, or so she thinks, but then she gets a lead on a story that could salvage her extinct career. She heads to the local animal shelter, expecting a hot news tip, which she gets in the form of a major police cover-up . . . for a ring of soul-sucking vampires out to take over Seattle. So much for saving her credibility. And if that isn't bad enough, she gets talked into adopting a cat and finds she's allergic to it. A cat that turns out to be a shapeshifter who claims to be an immortal vampire slayer on the prowl for the same corrupt cops. Her first thought: seek professional help. But as Susan's drawn into Ravyn's dark and dangerous world, she comes to realize that there's a lot more at stake than just her defunct career. Now it's no longer a question of bringing the truth to her readers; it's a matter of saving their very lives and souls. Ravyn's life was shattered over four hundred years ago, when he mistakenly trusted the wrong human with the truth of his existence. He lost his family, his honor, and his life. Now, in order to save the people of Seattle, he's forced to confront that nightmare all over again, and to trust another woman with the secret that could destroy him. In the world of the Dark-Hunters, life is always dangerous. But never more so than now; when a very human woman can shatter their entire world with just one story. The only question is . . . will she?… (more)
Member:dragonskin
Title:Dark Side of the Moon (Dark-Hunter, Book 10)
Authors:Sherrilyn Kenyon
Info:St. Martin's Press (2006), Edition: 1st, Hardcover, 336 pages
Collections:Your library, To read

Dark Side of the Moon by Sherrilyn Kenyon

hb
  5083mitzi | Jul 23, 2020 |
OMG I am so pissed off at Nick right now, he has become a complete jerk OMFG, and betraying Ash and the rest of the dark hunters what a dumb ass I mean really. It was a good story kinda ran on for a long time there but it was still good but I am still pissed about Nick, though I kinda figured he would be the one who betrayed them all. ( )
  hixxup79 | Feb 23, 2020 |
Dark Side of the Moon
2 Stars

Synopsis
Susan Michaels is a disgraced reporter working for a tabloid. Sick and tired of writing about Aliens and mutant animals, Susan is shocked to discover that vampires are real and her newest pet cat is actually a gorgeous shapeshifter with some dangerous people after him.

Review
Once again the focus is on new characters with no background or build up.
Ravyn and Susan have no chemistry whatsoever and neither is compelling enough to care about.

The police corruption plot is mediocre with no tension or suspense and the resolution is anti-climactic.

Now to the big turn offs - Ash's relationship with Artemis has crossed the line for merely icky to truly stomach turning. Their scenes together actally made my skin crawl.

In addition, Ravyn's family are a disgrace and they get off far to easily and Nick, who has never thankfully been a favorite of mine, should just have his neck wrung.

Hopefully the next installment will be better. ( )
  Lauren2013 | May 24, 2018 |
Why do I keep reading these? I wanted something fun and fluffy to read, but these go beyond fluff into the ridiculous...and they get more and more convoluted as they go! ( )
  VanChocStrawberry | Apr 2, 2018 |
I didn't like that the end left our couple with loose ends. ( )
  larissaleescribbles | Aug 5, 2017 |
He [the ravyn] is the warrior's bird of battle, exults in
slaughter and carnage…
                                                  --Beowulf
For the most important person in any writer's life…
you, the reader. Thank you for taking this trip into the
Dark-Hunter realm with me.
WALES, 1673

The air whispered with psychic electricity.
(page 3)

BOY EATEN BY KILLER MOTHS.
(page 36)

"CAT TURNS INTO STUNNING NAKED MAN IN
SINGLE WOMAN'S HOME . . . WOMEN STAMPEDING
LOCAL ANIMAL SHELTERS EVERYWHERE.
KEEP YOUR CAT UNDER LOCK AND KEY."
(page 38)

Dear Dark Angel.
    I've found your missing Catman in a local animal
shelter. He's currently passed out on my floor. Please re-
spond soon and let me know what you want me to do with
him as I am highly allergic and I don't have time to
housebreak him.
                                                          Thanks,
                                                           Susan
(page 39)

Dear Psycho Susan,
    You need help. Really. This isn't a game here, but let's
say for argument's sake that by some long stretch of the
imagination you're not lying and that you did find him. If
I were you, I'd be on my knees, praying. 'Cause when he
wakes pup, he'll rip your heart out and laugh about it, then
drink your blood and dump your body in the nearest
ditch. Shapeshifters don't have a sense of humor and they
can't stand to be trapped anywhere. Therefore, I'm not
worried about getting him back from you. He'll come
home when he's ready to.
                                                           DA
(page 327)

I MARRIED THE CATMAN OF SEATTLE

And if that isn’t bad enough, she gets talked into adopting a cat and finds she’s allergic to it. A cat that turns out to be a shapeshifter who claims to be an immortal vampire slayer on the prowl for the same corrupt cops. Her first thought: seek professional help.
But as Susan’s drawn into Ravyn’s dark and dangerous world, she comes to realize that there’s a lot more at stake than just her defunct career. Now it’s no longer a question of bringing the truth to her readers; it’s a matter of saving their very lives and souls.
Ravyn’s life was shattered over four hundred years ago, when he mistakenly trusted the wrong human with the truth of his existence. He lost his family, his honor, and his life. Now, in order to save the people of Seattle, he’s forced to confront that nightmare all over again, and to trust another woman with the secret that could destroy him.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 151,708,908 books! | Top bar: Always visible