The Unfolding Mystery, Second Edition:…

The Unfolding Mystery, Second Edition: Discovering Christ in the Old… (original 1988; edition 2013)

by Edmund P. Clowney (Author)

Have you ever wondered what Christ said to his disciples to make their hearts burn on the Emmaus road? Follow Ed Clowney through the Old Testament as he shows how all the Scriptures point to Christ. As you explore Old Testament characters and events, you'll be inspired by the many specific insights they give us into Jesus' character and lordship. Book jacket.… (more)
Member:jkchambers
Title:The Unfolding Mystery, Second Edition: Discovering Christ in the Old Testament
Authors:Edmund P. Clowney (Author)
Info:P & R Publishing (2013), Edition: Second, 224 pages

The Unfolding Mystery: Discovering Christ in the Old Testament by Edmund P. Clowney (1988)

The author studies characters and passages from the Old Testament and explains to the reader how Christ is revealed through the passage, the character's life, or similar means. This book lends itself well to personal or group Bible studies because of the discussion and application questions accompanying each chapter. If my pastor were not so wonderful at explaining many of the concepts covered in this book, I'm certain I would have gotten much more out of it than I did. There are many other places in the Tanakh that Christ can be discovered. This book is not intended for an academic audience, but more for a lay audience that it is interesting in deepening its knowledge of what the Bible, and specifically the Old Testament books, teach about Christ. The book is also not comprehensive. This review is based on an advance e-galley provided by the publisher through NetGalley. ( )
  thornton37814 | Aug 10, 2013 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 150,656,519 books! | Top bar: Always visible