Bound by Your Touch

by Meredith Duran

From the exciting new historical author Meredith Duran comes two back-to-back dark and sexy Regency historical novels that follow her thrilling debut The Duke of Shadows. Lydia Boyce, heroine of Bound by Your Touch, is a spinster with sophisticated interests, for she knows that an unblemished reputation is the only protection in a judgmental world. But when a mysterious forgery threatens to sully her family and her father's legacy, she finds her only hope for salvation in a man who has no use for the rules of good society--or those who follow them. The Viscount Sanburne is a society darling, but a dark past has left him aimless and uninterested in anything but self-destructive amusement. He has no interest in a bluestocking bent on justice--until she flashes a dimple, and he realizes that corrupting her might prove as pleasurable as scandalizing her does.… (more)

This was so good, and in no way should the time I took reading it reflect anything. It was incredibly engaging and in many way less heavy than other MD I’ve read. It’s not her best, certainly, but it’s very easily still a five star book.

Lydia and James start out with an antagonistic relationship but quickly come to realize they respect the challenge the other presents and are fascinated. It’s no easy road with underlying mystery, danger, and family drama that indeed serves to fully flesh out two lovely characters making a go of it. They are witty, funny, and loyal. And their dialogue, good gracious:
“Even when you break the rules, you insist on reminding me of them? Really, Miss Boyce, have mercy.”

Her voice sharpened. “But I wanted to appeal to you in person.”

“Oh, you do.”

I have entire passages and pages highlighted, from one on family being a coincidence to the lovely ending. Both characters make grand gestures and know and respect each other. I shouldn’t be surprised, but what a delight.

samnreader | Jun 27, 2020 |
It took me a little while to get into this book. I found Sanburne a bit hard to like at first, as I thought he took his feelings of guilt a bit to far, which probably was the purpose of the author. But in the end I did understand and like him, and believed in their HEA. All characters are full of depth, even the not so nice ones, and the story itself sucked me in as well. Again a great book by Meredith Duran.
Grade: A- ( )
  Marcella1717 | Jan 22, 2016 |
I couldn't get into this historical romance. It had so many superfluous details that I started skimming but still the action was rather trivial and boring. I gave up around a third of the way in. Viscount Sanburne interrupts Lydia's lecture to show what he thinks is an important artifact. ( )
  Dawn772 | Jan 29, 2015 |
I guess Meredith Duran is just not my cup of tea. Too much angst; not enough fun. Even the sexy scenes are over wrought. ( )
  LadyWesley | Sep 25, 2013 |
Amazon preorder,Amazon received
  romsfuulynn | Apr 28, 2013 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 163,269,305 books! | Top bar: Always visible