The Tale of Mrs. Tittlemouse by Beatrix…

The Tale of Mrs. Tittlemouse (1910)

by Beatrix Potter

Member:artistlibrarian
Title:The Tale of Mrs. Tittlemouse
Authors:Beatrix Potter
Info:Warne (1987), Paperback, 64 pages
Collections:children
Rating:*****
Tags:illustration, classics, animals, woman author

The Tale of Mrs. Tittlemouse by Beatrix Potter (1910)

Mrs. Tittlemouse cleans house. The sweet story of the difficulties of housekeeping for wood-mice, and the unexpected parties which are foisted upon one when your home is made of dirt and there are several entries.

Potter used many of her skills in detailed drawing of natural subjects, including insects and the results show it the terrific pictures. ( )
  MrsLee | Apr 30, 2017 |
I've had a little green hardback copy of this book for as long as I can remember. The illustration of the bee used to scare me. ( )
  tercat | Feb 6, 2014 |
Summery –
Mrs. Tattlemouse is a tidy mouse. She gets a lot of messy and dirty visitors. She found a moss full of bees. Mr. Jackson dropped by to dry off and he smells honey. After looking for it he finds the moss of bees and cleans it up but leaves a mess. The net day Mrs. Tittlemouse cleans her house then invites other mice to come. Of course so does Mr. Jackson .
My point of view-
I like to story and thought it was really cute! In a way it reminded me of my mom. The wording seem like it would have taken place back in time. Also I think this book would be great to play around with your voice while you read it.
Classroom-
Make little paper mice for art
Talk about the animals in the book and maybe do a play. ( )
  Amanda.C | Oct 28, 2013 |
Summary: Mrs. Tittlemouse is a very tidy mouse. After many random visitors, her house is a mess! She hustles and bustles to tidy it up and discovers a nest of bees. She is not renting her little mouse hole, so she looks for the frog who is in charge to get them out of her house. After the frog retrieves the bees, her house is even messier! Mrs. Tittlemouse hustles and bustles again to clean her house. Since mice are the cleanest, she makes her hole just big enough for her mice friends to fit through. She throws a mouse party.

Personal Reaction: This story was an okay story. I didn't love it, but I didn't hate it either. I think that it is sort of boring.

Classroom Extension Ideas:
A. A teacher could read this story and have students write about a pet peeve of theirs.
B. The teacher could also have a discussion about how Mrs. Tittlemouse could have handled the mess or prevented it. ( )
  eg5274 | Mar 28, 2013 |
Kinda cute with how obsessive of a clean freak she is. Boring story though. ( )
  benuathanasia | Mar 14, 2013 |

Beatrix Potterprimary authorall editionscalculated
Huws, EmilyTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Information from the Welsh Common Knowledge. Edit to localize it to your language.
Nellie's little book
Once upon a time there was a wood-mouse, and her name was Mrs. Tittlemouse.

The story of a little mouse's funny house, the visitors she has there, and how she finally rids herself of the untidy, messy ones.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:14:44 -0400)

2 editions of this book were published by Penguin Australia.

Editions: 0723247803, 0723267804

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 130,257,935 books! | Top bar: Always visible