Lovci kostí : příběh z Malazské knihy…

Lovci kostí : příběh z Malazské knihy Padlých (edition 2008)

by Steven Erikson

Series: Malazan Book of the Fallen (6), World of Malaz (Book of the Fallen 6), Malazan Chronology (11)

The Sixth Book of the epic Malazan Book of the Fallen from bestselling author Steven Erikson The Seven Cities Rebellion has been crushed. Sha'ik is dead. One last rebel force remains, holed up in the city of Y'Ghatan and under the fanatical command of Leoman of the Flails. The prospect of laying siege to this ancient fortress makes the battle-weary Malaz 14th Army uneasy. For it was here that the Empire's greatest champion Dassem Ultor was slain and a tide of Malazan blood spilled. A place of foreboding, its smell is of death. But elsewhere, agents of a far greater conflict have made their opening moves. The Crippled God has been granted a place in the pantheon, a schism threatens and sides must be chosen. Whatever each god decides, the ground-rules have changed, irrevocably, terrifyingly and the first blood spilled will be in the mortal world. A world in which a host of characters, familiar and new, including Heboric Ghost Hands, the possessed Apsalar, Cutter, once a thief now a killer, the warrior Karsa Orlong and the two ancient wanderers Icarium and Mappo--each searching for such a fate as they might fashion with their own hands, guided by their own will. If only the gods would leave them alone. But now that knives have been unsheathed, the gods are disinclined to be kind. There shall be war, war in the heavens. And, the prize?Nothing less than existence itself... Here is the stunning new chapter in Steven Erikson's magnificent Malazan Book of the Fallen--hailed as an epic of the imagination and acknowledged as a fantasy classic in the making.… (more)
Member:mimildak
Title:Lovci kostí : příběh z Malazské knihy Padlých
Authors:Steven Erikson
Info:Praha : Talpress, 2008

Work Information

The Bonehunters by Steven Erikson

Night of Knives by Ian C. Esslemont (philosojerk, xjurajx)
    philosojerk: Although not a fan of Esslemont's contributions to this series, Night of Knives is a necessary prerequisite to The Bonehunters. At least it is blessedly short.

English (40)  Slovak (1)  All languages (41)
Pretty good. Awesome moments, good characterization and finally some semblance of the different plot lines coming together. The main problem is that the book itself is more a series of events then one coherent plot, but some weird structure I guess is to be expected at this point. Still, one of the better books so far and definitely the best seven cities one. And, for the love of god, the most action packed one. I like a little excitement in my fantasy books every now and again, screw me, right?

Raykoda3 | Sep 25, 2020 |
Only very slightly below Memories Of Ice for me in this series. A fantastic book in a fantastic series. ( )
  Sanguinius8991 | Jun 14, 2020 |
I expected more going into this book. But that doesn't detract from the fact it was a bit of a rollercoaster towards the end. More Karsa, more Fiddler, more Kalam - which are my three big boxes ticked for me. Didn't have as much of an early lull as other Malazan books, with a slightly less explosive ending (in my opinion), but none the less some very epic feats and events to entertain. ( )
  EdwardL95 | Jan 7, 2020 |

sigma16 | Dec 5, 2019 |

sigma16 | Dec 5, 2019 |

Steven Eriksonprimary authorall editionscalculated
Lockwood, ToddCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
To Courtney Welch.
Keep the music coming, friend.
The webs between the towers were visible in glistening sheets far overhead, and the faint wind coming in from the sea shivered the vast threads so that a mist of rain descended on Kartool City, as it did every morning in the Clear Season.
"Explanations are what people use when they want to lie. Y'can always tell those, 'cause those explanations don't explain nothing and then they look at you like they just cleared things up when really they did the opposite and they know it and you know it and they know you know and you know they know that you know and they know you and you know them and maybe you go out for a pitcher later but who picks up the tab? That's what I want to know."
For the German-language version of the series 'Das Spiel der Götter', this book was split into two volumes - 'Die Feuer der Rebellion' (2007) ISBN 3-442-24469-2 and
'Die Knochenjäger' (2008) ISBN 3-442-24499-4
Please do not combine these works

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 164,411,862 books! | Top bar: Always visible