Harry Potter e a Câmara dos Segredos by J.…

Harry Potter e a Câmara dos Segredos (original 1998; edition 2015)

by J. K. Rowling (Author), Isabel Fraga (Translator)

86,2608312 (4.17)7 / 996
When the Chamber of Secrets is opened again at the Hogwarts School for Witchcraft and Wizardry, second-year student Harry Potter finds himself in danger from a dark power that has once more been released on the school.
Member:YuriTACarvalho
Title:Harry Potter e a Câmara dos Segredos
Authors:J. K. Rowling (Author)
Other authors:Isabel Fraga (Translator)
Info:Pottermore Publishing (2015), 306 páginas
Collections:Your library, Favorites
Tags:Literatura infanto-juvenil, Harry Potter, J. K. Rowling

Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets by J. K. Rowling (1998)

Northern Lights by Philip Pullman (Leishai)
    The Book of Three by Lloyd Alexander (LucyClements)
    The Voyage of the Dawn Treader by C.S. Lewis (krizia_lazaro)
    The Stone Mage and the Sea by Sean Williams (Kathleen_E)
    Kathleen_E: The first in a great trilogy by a wonderful author, The Stone Mage and the sea will be loved by fans of Harry Potter. It is a young adult book, but like Harry Potter is enjoyed by adults also. The main character, Sal, is a boy who, like Harry Potter, is thrust into great and dangerous events due to his parentage and his hidden ability for the magic of the change. On his way he must be schooled in his magic, make friends, mentors and learn many lessons the hard way! If you like J. K. Rowling, you will love Sean Williams!… (more)
    The Journal of Curious Letters by James Dashner (readafew)
    readafew: An excellent series leaning a little more toward Sci-fi
    Archie Wilson: & The Nuckelavee (Volume 1) by Mark A. Cooper (cherylschenick)
    The Hunt for Dark Infinity by James Dashner (readafew)
    readafew: the second book in the 13th Reality series great reads.

English (791)  Spanish (10)  Dutch (6)  German (6)  Italian (4)  French (3)  Danish (3)  Swedish (3)  Portuguese (1)  Portuguese (Portugal) (1)  Finnish (1)  Hungarian (1)  Catalan (1)  All languages (831)
I cannot recommend these audiobooks enough. Jim Dale is an exceptional voice performer, and I'm enjoying these even more than when I read the print books. ( )
  Zoes_Human | Jan 3, 2020 |
HP virgin buddy read with this gem.

"It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities."
Just as good as the movie—if not better, tbh! Chamber of Secrets is my favorite movie from the film franchise, and so far, my favorite book as well. The mystery is so entrancing, and Tom Riddle's character is equally intriguing (is it bad that I low-key have a crush on Tom Riddle?) I'm definitely hooked on the books now!

Also, I so appreciate how Percy Weasley, and Ginny, for that matter, are actual characters in this, and not just background like they are for the most part in the movies. ( )
  Faith_Murri | Dec 9, 2019 |
Read all my reviews on http://urlphantomhive.booklikes.com

When I first read the Harry Potter series, almost ten years ago now, I was mostly looking for what made people think it was a great series. I never read a lot of fantasy as a child, and was only slowly starting to appreciate the genre.

I think this is what I was still a bit feeling when I read Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets. I remember it as quite nice but also still quite slow and quite childish. It's already listed for reread (and very few books are) because I would like to get a better view of the book, also more in perspective. Hope to do it somewhere in 2017!

But what I've always liked best about the Harry Potter universe is everything surrounding it. That a whole generation grew up with it and will get your references, some of things fans have created around it. I think that is great. ( )
  Floratina | Dec 7, 2019 |
4.5. Not enough Neville. ( )
  BeccaNaylor | Oct 23, 2019 |
Harry Potter was forced to spend his Summer away from Hogwarts with his mortal family. He was severely shocked when he was surprised by a small elf, Dobby. Dobby came on a mission to inform Harry to not go to Hogwarts. He claims very bad things are going to happen, but Harry doesn't listen. Potter continues to ignore the elf and focuses on his pre-arranged schedule. Though as he arrived at Hogwarts, strange things were beginning to occur. Voices inside the walls speak to Harry, muggle-born wizards and witches are being attacked ,along with a blood-written message on the wall shifts everyone's attention. The message exposes that the Chamber of Secrets has been opened. Harry and his friends now have to find a way to close it before any lives are taken. Eventually, Harry and his companions went through a series of puzzles in order to close the chamber. Successfully, they made it out the mission safely and closed the Chamber of Secrets.
Personally, I loved this book along with the series. It was filled with action, creativity, and fantasy. I had a bunch of favorite parts, especially when Harry went into Hogwart's past and spots Hagrid. The way J. K. Rowling incorporated humor into this books really increases my interest. Many people believe that this book is only good because of the Sorcerer's Stone. I think this book should have its own recognition and not be based off the first book. The end completely grabbed my attention, it was so intense and was very compelling. I would definitely recommend this book to people who are fascinated in action and witchcraft of all ages. Overall, this book had originality and really changed my mind about wizards and magic. ( )
  MBeedham.ELA5 | Oct 22, 2019 |
The atmosphere Rowling creates is unique; the story whizzes along; Harry is an unassuming and completely sympathetic hero. But, truth to tell, you may feel as if you’ve read it all before. Rowling clearly hit on a winning formula with the first Harry Potter book; the second book — though still great fun — feels a tad, well, formulaic.

Tras derrotar una vez más a lord Voldemort, su siniestro enemigo en Harry Potter y la piedra filosofal, Harry espera impaciente en casa de sus insoportables tíos el inicio del segundo curso del Colegio Hogwarts de Magia y Hechicería. Sin embargo, la espera dura poco, pues un elfo aparece en su habitación y le advierte que una amenaza mortal se cierne sobre la escuela. Así pues, Harry no se lo piensa dos veces y, acompañado de Ron, su mejor amigo, se dirige a Hogwarts en un coche volador. Pero ¿puede un aprendiz de mago defender la escuela de los malvados que pretenden destruirla? Sin saber que alguien ha abierto la Cámara de los Secretos, dejando escapar una serie de monstruos peligrosos, Harry y sus amigos Ron y Hermione tendrán que enfrentarse con arañas gigantes, serpientes encantadas, fantasmas enfurecidos y, sobre todo, con la mismísima reencarnación de su más temible adversario.
added by Pakoniet | editLecturalia

Vierikko, VesaNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Wilharm, SabineCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Wright, CliffCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Wyler, LiaTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
For Seán P. F. Harris, getaway driver and foul-weather friend.
Not for the first time, an argument had broken out over breakfast at number four, Privet Drive.
"My dear boy, ... do use your common sense. My books wouldn't have sold half as well if people didn't think I'd done those things. No one wants to read about some ugly old Armenian warlock, even if he did save a village from werewolves. He'd look dreadful on the front cover. No dress sense at all. And the witch who banished the Bandon Banshee had a hairy chin. I mean, come on ..."
"So you've just been taking credit for what a load of other people have done?"
"Harry, Harry," said Lockhart, shaking his head impatiently, "It's not nearly as simple as that. There was work involved. I had to track those people down. Ask them exactly how they managed to do what they did. ^Then I had to put a memory charm on them so they wouldn't remember doing it.^
... No, it's been a lot of work, Harry. It's not all book-signings and publicity photos, you know. You want fame, you have to be prepared for a long hard slog."
Never trust anything that can think for itself if you can't see where it keeps its brain.
The Latin translation of this book (Harrius Potter et Camera Secretorum) should NOT be combined with the main work (Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets), under the "dead languages" exception in the combining rules.

AR Level 6.7, 14 pts
Harry talks to snakes.
Why is he a Gryffindor?
Lucky for Ginny....
(swensonj)
Snuck in girls bathroom.

Dead chick offered me her loo.

Won’t go there again.

(CathWhitney)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 141,597,980 books! | Top bar: Always visible