Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets by…

Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (original 1998; edition 2000)

by J. K. Rowling (Author), Mary GrandPre (Illustrator)

86,5878322 (4.17)7 / 997
When the Chamber of Secrets is opened again at the Hogwarts School for Witchcraft and Wizardry, second-year student Harry Potter finds himself in danger from a dark power that has once more been released on the school.
Member:Ross_Library
Title:Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
Authors:J. K. Rowling (Author)
Other authors:Mary GrandPre (Illustrator)
Info:Scholastic Paperbacks (2000), Edition: Reprint, 341 pages

Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets by J. K. Rowling (1998)

Recently added byrena75, AshleyPeters04, Karlinkj, Higgins0628, itzi_tg, lidss, private library, MerakiReiki75
    Northern Lights by Philip Pullman (Leishai)
    The Book of Three by Lloyd Alexander (LucyClements)
    The Voyage of the Dawn Treader by C. S. Lewis (krizia_lazaro)
    The Stone Mage and the Sea by Sean Williams (Kathleen_E)
    Kathleen_E: The first in a great trilogy by a wonderful author, The Stone Mage and the sea will be loved by fans of Harry Potter. It is a young adult book, but like Harry Potter is enjoyed by adults also. The main character, Sal, is a boy who, like Harry Potter, is thrust into great and dangerous events due to his parentage and his hidden ability for the magic of the change. On his way he must be schooled in his magic, make friends, mentors and learn many lessons the hard way! If you like J. K. Rowling, you will love Sean Williams!… (more)
    The Journal of Curious Letters by James Dashner (readafew)
    readafew: An excellent series leaning a little more toward Sci-fi
    Archie Wilson: & The Nuckelavee (Volume 1) by Mark A. Cooper (cherylschenick)
    The Hunt for Dark Infinity by James Dashner (readafew)
    readafew: the second book in the 13th Reality series great reads.

English (793)  Spanish (10)  Dutch (6)  German (6)  Italian (4)  French (3)  Danish (3)  Swedish (3)  Portuguese (1)  Portuguese (Portugal) (1)  Finnish (1)  Hungarian (1)  Catalan (1)  All languages (833)
So good, so familiar, and so easy to re-read over and over again. ( )
  Linyarai | Feb 16, 2020 |
Harry and friends continue to explore Hogwart's secrets which results in their next adventure. When in doubt go to the library becomes Hermione's watchwords. The Malfoy family is foiled again and a new hall is the school champion. ( )
  jamespurcell | Feb 4, 2020 |
I cannot recommend these audiobooks enough. Jim Dale is an exceptional voice performer, and I'm enjoying these even more than when I read the print books. ( )
  Zoes_Human | Jan 3, 2020 |
HP virgin buddy read with this gem.

"It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities."
Just as good as the movie—if not better, tbh! Chamber of Secrets is my favorite movie from the film franchise, and so far, my favorite book as well. The mystery is so entrancing, and Tom Riddle's character is equally intriguing (is it bad that I low-key have a crush on Tom Riddle?) I'm definitely hooked on the books now!

Also, I so appreciate how Percy Weasley, and Ginny, for that matter, are actual characters in this, and not just background like they are for the most part in the movies. ( )
  Faith_Murri | Dec 9, 2019 |
Read all my reviews on http://urlphantomhive.booklikes.com

When I first read the Harry Potter series, almost ten years ago now, I was mostly looking for what made people think it was a great series. I never read a lot of fantasy as a child, and was only slowly starting to appreciate the genre.

I think this is what I was still a bit feeling when I read Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets. I remember it as quite nice but also still quite slow and quite childish. It's already listed for reread (and very few books are) because I would like to get a better view of the book, also more in perspective. Hope to do it somewhere in 2017!

But what I've always liked best about the Harry Potter universe is everything surrounding it. That a whole generation grew up with it and will get your references, some of things fans have created around it. I think that is great. ( )
  Floratina | Dec 7, 2019 |
The atmosphere Rowling creates is unique; the story whizzes along; Harry is an unassuming and completely sympathetic hero. But, truth to tell, you may feel as if you’ve read it all before. Rowling clearly hit on a winning formula with the first Harry Potter book; the second book — though still great fun — feels a tad, well, formulaic.

Tras derrotar una vez más a lord Voldemort, su siniestro enemigo en Harry Potter y la piedra filosofal, Harry espera impaciente en casa de sus insoportables tíos el inicio del segundo curso del Colegio Hogwarts de Magia y Hechicería. Sin embargo, la espera dura poco, pues un elfo aparece en su habitación y le advierte que una amenaza mortal se cierne sobre la escuela. Así pues, Harry no se lo piensa dos veces y, acompañado de Ron, su mejor amigo, se dirige a Hogwarts en un coche volador. Pero ¿puede un aprendiz de mago defender la escuela de los malvados que pretenden destruirla? Sin saber que alguien ha abierto la Cámara de los Secretos, dejando escapar una serie de monstruos peligrosos, Harry y sus amigos Ron y Hermione tendrán que enfrentarse con arañas gigantes, serpientes encantadas, fantasmas enfurecidos y, sobre todo, con la mismísima reencarnación de su más temible adversario.
added by Pakoniet | editLecturalia

Vierikko, VesaNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Wilharm, SabineCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Wright, CliffCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Wyler, LiaTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
For Seán P. F. Harris, getaway driver and foul-weather friend.
Not for the first time, an argument had broken out over breakfast at number four, Privet Drive.
"My dear boy, ... do use your common sense. My books wouldn't have sold half as well if people didn't think I'd done those things. No one wants to read about some ugly old Armenian warlock, even if he did save a village from werewolves. He'd look dreadful on the front cover. No dress sense at all. And the witch who banished the Bandon Banshee had a hairy chin. I mean, come on ..."
"So you've just been taking credit for what a load of other people have done?"
"Harry, Harry," said Lockhart, shaking his head impatiently, "It's not nearly as simple as that. There was work involved. I had to track those people down. Ask them exactly how they managed to do what they did. ^Then I had to put a memory charm on them so they wouldn't remember doing it.^
... No, it's been a lot of work, Harry. It's not all book-signings and publicity photos, you know. You want fame, you have to be prepared for a long hard slog."
Never trust anything that can think for itself if you can't see where it keeps its brain.
The Latin translation of this book (Harrius Potter et Camera Secretorum) should NOT be combined with the main work (Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets), under the "dead languages" exception in the combining rules.

AR Level 6.7, 14 pts
Harry talks to snakes.
Why is he a Gryffindor?
Lucky for Ginny....
(swensonj)
Snuck in girls bathroom.

Dead chick offered me her loo.

Won’t go there again.

(CathWhitney)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 142,625,700 books! | Top bar: Always visible