I'm Not Rappaport by Herb Gardner

I'm Not Rappaport (edition 2004)

by Herb Gardner (Director)

Eighty-one year old Nat Moyer is a compulsive and fanciful talker, a feisty philosopher, and a troublemaker given to assuming personalities. His daily companion on a bench in New York's Central Park is Midge Carter, a half-blind apartment house superintendent. Midge's approach to life is realistic and down-to-earth, making him the perfect foil for Nat. With vaudevillian flair, these appealing oldsters outrageously take on the world and its multiple threats--drug dealers and muggers, enlightened children, forced retirement, and the spector of the old folks' home.… (more)
Member:JeremiahLee
Title:I'm Not Rappaport
Authors:Herb Gardner (Director)
Info:Universal Pictures Home Entertainment (2004), Edition: DVD

Work Information

I'm Not Rappaport by Herb Gardner

With a title based on what has got to be one of the most hilariously unfunny comedy routines in theatre, Gardner introduces us to two elderly men who face the world in radically different ways. Midge keeps getting drawn into Nat's fantasies, ultimately landing him in bigger trouble than he would have been in otherwise. Nat wants to figure out how to scam his daughter and prevent her from keeping him out of the trouble he is determined to get into. Meanwhile, there are sinister figures moving through the strange and convoluted world Nat is building around himself. A decent read, but the interplay misses a bit in reading. The banter needs to be presented by able comedians to reach its full potential. ( )
  Devil_llama | Jan 30, 2017 |
  kutheatre | Jun 4, 2015 |
I really, really love "I'm Not Rappaport". The playscript is so readable, so that even though I've never seen it performed I'm already a little bit in love with the characters. And the arc is so good and bittersweet. ( )
  391 | Dec 1, 2009 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 176,546,107 books! | Top bar: Always visible