Forest of Secrets (Warriors Series #3) by…

Forest of Secrets (Warriors Series #3) by Erin Hunter (original 2003; edition 2009)

by by Erin Hunter (Author)

The warrior cat Fireheart's determination to uncover the truth about another warrior's death leads him deep into danger, and reveals secrets that test the strength of clan loyalties.
Member:firestarw
Title:Forest of Secrets (Warriors Series #3) by Erin Hunter
Authors:by Erin Hunter (Author)
Info:by Erin Hunter (2009)

Forest of Secrets by Erin Hunter (2003)

English (24)  German (2)  All languages (26)
The Warriors Book starts off with A brown tom, Oakheart, is guiding two kits to the RiverClan camp. Both kits struggle because of the cold, snowy night. When they arrive at the RiverClan camp they are taken to the nursery, where Oakheart asks a queen named Graypool to care for them. When Graypool asks where he found them, Oakheart responds by saying he found them abandoned in the forest. Graypool is doubtful and slightly disbelieving of what he says, but he ultimately convinces her. Once Oakheart leaves and Graypool agrees to nurse the kits, she smells them and can identify the scent of ThunderClan, although she doesn't believe Oakheart would steal kits from another Clan. Fireheart still does not trust Tigerclaw, the fierce ThunderClan deputy, and decides to uncover the truth about him.

He and Graystripe visit Ravenpaw to ask him about the battle at Sunningrocks, and Ravenpaw recounts the events he witnessed, confirming once more that Redtail was killed by Tigerclaw, not Oakheart. Ravenpaw tells Fireheart that when Redtail attacked Stonefur, a RiverClan warrior, Oakheart proclaimed no ThunderClan cat would ever harm Stonefur. Redtail then sprung on Oakheart, knocking them both off a cliff into the path of a rock slide, which buried Oakheart alive. Ravenpaw states Redtail later emerged and ran straight into Tigerclaw, who pounced on him and killed him. Ravenpaw says Oakheart's death was an accident, and he was not killed by Tigerclaw as Tigerclaw had claimed. Since it was now offical that Tigerclaw killed Redtail Graystripe and FireHeart knew he was coming to kill Bluestar so he become leader. Later that day Graystripe found out that silverstream is having there kits , she dies after having the kids. Since Silverstream is from another clan RIver clan has to take care of the kits. Once they come back to River clan Tigerclaw tells Bluestar that they went to RIver clan Territory , so that they don't interfere with his plan Bluestar ends up punishing them by banning them from the gathering tonight. After Bluestar left Graystripe and FireHeart followed them to the gathering. Tigerclaw snuck up behind Bluestar and was about to kill her but, then FireHeart yells at Bluestar to watch out. So lots of thunderclan cats start to attack Tigerclaw and his cats. After some of him cats are dead he just leaves with his remaining ones and FireHeart becomes the new deputy since Tigerclaw left.
  AsaJ.G3 | Mar 27, 2019 |
I like the series better and better! Although there are some cats I would like to leave a tip in the butt :P ( )
  henriette89 | Apr 21, 2018 |
  henriette89 | Apr 21, 2018 |
#3
  jhawn | Jul 31, 2017 |
Book 3 in the first Warriors series. Fireheart is in trouble all over. He has voiced his suspicions to Bluestar. His disappearances have been noticed by Tigerclaw. He is breaking the warrior code by helping another Clan. His kin, Cloudkit, is disrespectful. His friend Graystripe is breaking the rules. What is he to do?

The action picks up in this book. There is a lot of alliances being made. Sometimes it feels as if Machiavelli is teaching these cats. I like these characters. Fireheart is compassionate, kind, caring, truth seeker, observant, but won't take anyone's guff. He knows when to hold his tongue. In the end he is right and has held to his warrior code and values.

I'm interested in seeing how Fireheart's compassion and caring is used in the series and where it goes. I also want to know what happens to Graystripe and the rogues as well as Yellowfang. I am really getting into these characters. I laugh and I cry with them. Now I need to get my niece to give me book 4 to find out. ( )
  Sheila1957 | Dec 31, 2016 |

Erin Hunterprimary authorall editionscalculated
Quintano, KristinaTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Vriesendorp, HuberteTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
To Schrodi, hunting with StarClan, and to Abbey Cruden, who has met the real Fireheart. Special thanks to Cherith Baldry.
Cold gripped the forest, fields, and moorland like an icy claw.
"Scared kittypet?" Longtail taunted him. Determination burned in Fireheart's belly. he would not show fear in front of these cats and let them have the pleasure of reporting it to the rest of the Clan. Gritting his teeth, he stepped onto the end of the branch. Immediately, it sagged under his paws, and he dug his claws in hard, fighting for balance. He could see brown water racing a mouse-lenght below, and for a few heartbeats he thought he would plung straight into it. Then he steadied himself. He bgan to move forward caustiously, placing his paws in a straight line. We'll never get to the Gathering like this, Fireheart thought. The branch tapered a little until it was barely as thich as his tail, making it harder to find a pawhold. He heard Tigerclaw yowl, "Fireheart! Get back!" Fireheart swayed precariously. Then the branch lurched again and suddenly it was free, racing along with the surgin water. Fireheart slipped sideways, and thought he heard Tigerclaw yowl once more as the waves closed over his head.

AR 5.8; 11 Pts

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 139,553,766 books! | Top bar: Always visible