At Home in the Universe : Exploring Our Suprasensory Nature

by Rudolf Steiner

19None937,805NoneNone
5 lectures at The Hague, November 13-18, 1923 (CW 231)What is our relationship to the planets we see in the night sky? Does the cosmos have any affect on our individual lives? Modern science tells us that we are an insignificant accident in a vast, indifferent universe. Rudolf Steiner maintains that we are intimately enmeshed with the whole cosmos, right down to the very structure of our physical bodies. In these talks, Steiner explores our relationship as individuals to the spiritual cosmos--where we will all become cosmonauts one day. The key to being at home in the universe is to comprehend the significance of our individual, physical lives on Earth and what happens when we leave our physical bodies behind. Steiner describes his view of our journey after death and our subsequent return to Earth and a new life. He describes the "planetary" spheres through which we pass and how they affect our future life. He shows us how our character and actions on Earth affects us after we die, and how those experiences in turn shape our next physical life. This is not just more information to add to our already overloaded store of abstract concepts; Steiner gives imaginative exercises that help us explore our suprasensory, spiritual nature. We can begin right now to act more consciously by recognizing the concrete nature of morality and the real consequences of our present lives. The introduction and comprehensive afterword by Paul Mar-gulies explain and contextualize Steiner's text, revealing a message that is more vital and relevant than ever in our frenzied, materialistic times. This book can help us experience more meaning in life and become more at home as spiritual citizens of the universe. Read Bobby Matherne's review of this bookContents: Introduction by Paul Margulies Lecture 1. "A Speck of Dust?" Lecture 2. "Interweaving Our Destinies" Lecture 3. "Through the Spheres" Lecture 4. "Through Midnight to Birth" Lecture 5. "Earth and the Mystery of Karma" Afterword by Paul Margulies German title: Der bersinnliche Mensch, anthroposophisch erfa t. An earlier English edition was titled Supersensible Man. This edition was thoroughly revised.… (more)

No reviews

Average: No ratings.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 163,222,279 books! | Top bar: Always visible