The Stone Key by Isobelle Carmody

The Stone Key (original 2008; edition 2008)

by Isobelle Carmody (Author)

Series: The Obernewtyn Chronicles (5 [Australian Editions])

There was a great crash and wood splintered.... I had a brief glimpse of a group of Herder priests, bald and robed, peering at me, and then the sundered remnants of the locker door were torn aside and a rough hand reached in to haul me out by the hair. A Hedra captain stared into my face with eyes that burned wih a fanatical fire above a thin nose and a lipless slash of a mouth.… (more)
Member:Fourbee4
Title:The Stone Key
Authors:Isobelle Carmody (Author)
Info:Random House USA Inc (2008)

The Stone Key by Isobelle Carmody (2008)

Long, long adventures - much coercion and far seeker with some beastspeaking - too many mind trails but interesting subplot about the beforetime - Elspeth gets to use a bathroom! Even after 1000 pages I am still a bit confused about what the keys are that she needs for her quest (to come in next two books). ( )
  siri51 | Oct 25, 2020 |
Mmmm another book down for the Obernewtyn chronicles. Great as usual! I wouldn't say it was my favourite out of the series. In some parts, it dragged on too long for my opinion and I found myself becoming bored with those parts. But all in all, great story and it makes me want to read The Sending right now! ( )
  ashooles | Feb 8, 2010 |
I was a total Carmody fan and after some deliberation not knowing whether it was me or the book I am disappointed. The dialogue seems stilted and without warmth. I don't know whether I am measuring against other, seemingly richer, novels or that Carmody is losing her ability to immerse the reader in the story.
3 vote leoleo | May 19, 2008 |
For Mallory, who found me on a table and read me on a plane, and for Daywatcher Whitney and Moonwatcher Nick who were my guides on this unexpected and unexpectedly enchanting quest.
I opened my eyes to find a young gull perched on my chest, peering at me with a speculative black eye.
This work [1000 p.] is the complete "Stone Key" as originally released and should not be combined with the later partial release which only contains the second 'half' of this book.

An edition of this book was published by Penguin Australia.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 160,696,275 books! | Top bar: Always visible