Joy of Cooking : A Compilation of Reliable…

Joy of Cooking : A Compilation of Reliable Recipes, with an Occasional… (1931)

by Irma S. Rombauer

200. Delightful.

Note: 1943 Joy incorporated Streamlined cooking into this ed with 884p. Blakiston Co. Phil. Title/author in navy background. Cover blue/white basketweave cloth. ( )
  kitchengardenbooks | Jun 11, 2009 |
The Joy of Cooking was my mother's cookbook-her ONLY cookbook. She regarded it as the quintessential manual for her kitchen. It lacked color pictures; I thought it boring, but I did learn the basics of food preparation from it. I was never allowed to use it unless my mother was present until I was in high school. Then she allowed me to copy out by hand some of the recipes I had mastered.
That was the beginning of my love affair with cooking and cookbooks. Indeed I learned to know the JOY of cooking!
  jeaneva | Feb 22, 2007 |
This is the original good cookbook. My sister searched for weeks on EBay to find my mom a copy. I found mine at the thrift store for $2.50.If you are lucky enough to come across a copy grab it. It is rather rare. ( )
  arelenriel | Aug 5, 2006 |
Gratefully dedicated to my friend
Mary Whyte Hartrich
Foreword:  Although I have been modernized by life and my children, my roots are Victorian.
Preface to the 1943 Edition:  At the request of my children, who were leaving home, I began a record of "what Mother used to make."
Includes editions 1936, (the 1st trade edition) thru to 1946

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 136,364,085 books! | Top bar: Always visible