Moonrise (Warriors: The New Prophecy, Book…

Moonrise (Warriors: The New Prophecy, Book 2) (edition 2006)

by Erin Hunter (Author)

As they journey home to warn their clans of the coming destruction, the six cats, guided by StarClan's prophecy, meet an unfamilar tribe of cats with their own set of beliefs--and their own mysterious prophecy.
Member:firestarw
Title:Moonrise (Warriors: The New Prophecy, Book 2)
Authors:Erin Hunter (Author)
Info:HarperCollins (2006), Edition: Reprint, 320 pages

Moonrise by Erin Hunter

Moonrise starts back in the mountains, where Midnight ends off. In the book, the six questing cats are travelling, and they find The Tribe of Rushing Water. They stay for a bit, and when they try to leave, the Tribe cats don't let them. They had a prophecy from their ancestors that a silver cat will save them from a cat that's been killing them. The cat's name is Sharptooth. The Tribe cats think that Stormfur is the silver cat, but it was actually Feathertail. Sharptooth comes, and Clan cats fight it. Feathertail, the chosen cat, dies saving them, by letting a stalactite fall on her and Sharptooth.

My opinion on Moonrise is that the book is great! The story really holds you and makes you feel emotional. Crowpaw's love for Feathertail is shattered, after she dies for him and the Clan cats. To honor her, at his warrior ceremony he chooses the name Crowfeather, to honor her, which I think is just adorable. The cats display real emotion and the storyline is interesting. Erin Hunter's wording just makes the story sound so vigorous, the fight against Sharptooth, the hard travel, the book is great and I strongly recommend it to everyone. ( )
  KBrown1.ELA1 | Oct 30, 2019 |
The cats now have to return home to tell the message they must bring to the Clans. As they journey home, they meet a Tribe where they learn more hunting techniques and the importance of working together. Meanwhile, the Clans have to deal with the Twolegs destroying more of their territories.

I enjoyed this book. I liked the interactions between the travelers and the Tribe and how they learned new things and realized that there is more than just them in the world. There was the edge of the seat thrills and action. I still have questions about a whole lot of things especially Leafpaw and her promise. I look forward to reading the next book. ( )
  Sheila1957 | Jan 19, 2018 |
#2
  jhawn | Jul 31, 2017 |
Summary: a kind of mystery book about a six cats that are going on an adventure to help Seaver their clans.
My reaction: I love mysteries and adventures, they are one of my favorite types of books. I also love cats which made the book even better.
Classroom extensions: 1. Have students think about a time when they had to help someone and have them write about it.
2. Have them write down when they when they went on an adventure and how it went.
3. Have students tell you what moonrise means to them.
  RonniLapierre | Oct 12, 2016 |
A great book, as are all the Warriors Saga books. ( )
  Shadow494 | Jun 20, 2016 |
Special thanks to Cherith Baldry
One by one, the cats crept into the cave.

AR 5.8, 11 pts

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 139,548,566 books! | Top bar: Always visible