Thurber's men, women, and dogs, a book of drawings with a preface by Dorothy Parker

by James Thurber

1903140,908 (3.91)2

I have such a huge weakness for Thurber, especially his cartoons, despite the misogyny sometimes depicted in his view of the world (not to mention the misanthropy; in Thurber's world, only the dogs are innocent, and they are puzzled). Includes "That's my first wife up there...", "Here, here, there's a place for that, Sir," "Darling, I seem to have this rabbit," "Ooh, Guesties!", "I come from haunts of coot and hern," "Well, I'm disenchanted, too, We're all disenchanted," and "The Masculine Approach," "The War between Men and Women," ( )
  bunnyjadwiga | Nov 11, 2021 |
The is something irresistible about the smell, the shape and the feel of these pocket-sized and yellowing post war Bantam books, found in a charity shop. Even more irresistIble are Thurber's cartoons, especially the 'That's my first wife up there [on top of a bookcase], and this is the present Mrs Harris' one.
  jon1lambert | Jun 25, 2017 |
Some of the best and funniest cartoons ever made, by a genuine American treasure. This has an inlaid autograph by William Windom, who starred in the (short-lived) Emmy-winning TV series "My World and Welcome To It," which was based on Thurber's writings. Met him when I was in college and doing a review of his one-man-show for the school paper. ( )
  unclebob53703 | Feb 21, 2016 |
Kun sänky yöllä kaatui

Current Discussions

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 201,654,290 books! | Top bar: Always visible