Bone Volume 6: Old Man's Cave by Jeff Smith

Bone Volume 6: Old Man's Cave

by Jeff Smith

The Lord of the Locusts is rising and the Valley is endangered. The Bones are true to form, Grandma shows why she was the Queen, and Briar's reward for serving the dark side is shown.
  edwardcandler | Feb 27, 2017 |
This was what I would consider the climax of the entire series! This is where you finally learn key information about who and what is occurring throughout the other volumes to date. Jeff Smith masterfully wove the story together for this moment and the reveal here is shocking, but not without being fathomable. The artwork of Jeff Smith stays consistent with what the previous volumes have included. The story progresses in a fashion that is congruent with what has come before in the series. This series is probably the best graphic novel series that I have read in all my years of reading comics. This particular volume really showcases how Jeff Smith knew where he wanted to go with the series and kept his eye on that particular prize. We discover more of the "lore" of the series or in another words we discover more of the "fantasy" element than the child-like nature of the series that the other volumes have had. This one gives us more information of the backbone and does it in a manner that keeps right on track with everything that has come before it. I am glad that I have continued reading this particular series because it keeps getting better. ( )
  SoulFlower1981 | Jan 20, 2016 |
My blog post about this book is at this link. ( )
  SuziQoregon | Sep 2, 2015 |
It's interesting that this series is so highly recommended for kids since there's philosophical and mythical underpinnings that I'm not fully grasping, but I suppose the surface story alone is so high quality and full of action, adventure, and humor that it can be appreciated on many levels. ( )
  JenJ. | Mar 31, 2013 |
An awesome book! ( )
  FINNIAN11 | Jan 23, 2013 |
Este libro es para Jim Kammerud
¡URNf!
¿Ves algo, Fone Bone?
Aún no... ¡URf!

A showdown with the rat creatures and a secret ceremony by moonlight; revelations and battles: The Bone cousins are in the thick of it again!

The thrilling BONE saga continues in book six. As war spreads through the valley, the Bone cousins join Gran'ma Ben and Lucius at Old Man's Cave to make a stand against the rat creatures.

But not everything goes as planned. By the end of the book, Phoney Bone is strapped to a stone altar and about to be sacrificed; Thorn is lying lifeless nearby; and the rumblings of an earthquake suggest that the Lord of the Locusts is about to be released. Fone and Smiley Bone must do something drastic to save their friends.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:14:50 -0400)

The adventure starts when cousins Fone Bone, Phoney Bone, and Smiley Bone are run out of Boneville and later get separated and lost in the wilderness, meeting monsters and making friends as they attempt to return home.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 137,366,189 books! | Top bar: Always visible