The Fight for Chattanooga: Chickamauga to Missionary Ridge (1985)

by Jerry Korn

1931116,395 (3.72)1
A gripping, comprehensive account of the Civil War, including eyewitness testimony, profiles of key personalities, period photographs, illustrations and artifacts, and detailed battle maps. Fully researched, superbly written.

I used this book on a recent trip to Chattanooga. I found it a great reference for the battlefield at Chickamauga, and what went on at Lookout Mountain. Narrative makes frequent mention of brigade and sometimes regiment level actions, and references commanding officers. I found the maps to be excessively complicated, and I wished there were more of them. This was a great alternative to bring my copy of Battles & Leaders of the Civil War. ( )
1 vote delta351 | Apr 11, 2017 |

Belongs to Series

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 170,402,203 books! | Top bar: Always visible