Homicidal Psycho Jungle Cat: A Calvin and…

Homicidal Psycho Jungle Cat: A Calvin and Hobbes Collection (original 1994; edition 1994)

by Bill Watterson

Series: Calvin and Hobbes (9)

Calvin and Hobbes are at it again, and this time, our irrepressible friends are taking a walk on the wild side. Homicidal Psycho Jungle Cat chronicles another segment of the multifarious adventures of this wild child and his faithful, but skeptical, friend. If the best cartoons compel readers to identify themselves within the funny frames, then all who enjoy Calvin and Hobbes are creative, imaginative, and ... bad, bad, bad! Calvin, the irascible little boy with the stuffed tiger who comes to life are a pair bound for trouble. Boring school lessons become occasions for death-defying alien air battles, speeding snow sled descents elicit philosophical discussions on the meaning of life, and Hobbe's natural inclination to pounce on his little friend wreaks havoc on Calvin's sense of security. Calvin's the kid we all wish we'd been. Sassy, imaginative, far more verbal than his parents can manage, Calvin is the quintessential bad boy -- and the boy we love to see. He terrorizes little Susie, offers "Candid Opinions" from a neighborhood stand, and questions his parents' authority. "What assurance do I have that your parenting isn't screwing me up?" he demands. Calvin and Hobbes manages to say what needs to be said about childhood and life: "Eww, mud," says Calvin. "Look at this gooshy, dirty, slimy, thick, wet mud ... Bleecch ... Talk about a kid magnet!"… (more)
Member:tidepooltostars
Title:Homicidal Psycho Jungle Cat: A Calvin and Hobbes Collection
Authors:Bill Watterson
Info:Andrews McMeel Publishing (1994), Edition: 1St Edition, Paperback, 176 pages

Homicidal Psycho Jungle Cat by Bill Watterson (1994)

lcslibrarian | Aug 14, 2020 |
A comic book doesn't need a review. Just read and enjoy.

But there were several comic strips that I wanted to copy and post on the wall. ( )
  bread2u | Jul 1, 2020 |
741.5
  OakGrove-KFA | Mar 29, 2020 |
Another brilliant compilation of Calvin and Hobbes comics, ranging from school, Spaceman Spiff adventures, snowman art to the legendary GROSS club. Still amazed at the level of entertainment and pointed social commentary that Watterson is able to squeeze into three panels. ( )
  matija2019 | Jan 8, 2019 |
More nostalgic stuff of childhood: decoding secret messages, imagining grand schemes. First half is a lot of christmas glory and social commentary (or criticism of his parents) presented in snowman artwork. Calvin's dad shows himself to be an avid cyclist and takes the family camping- which both Calvin and his mom resent. The kid for his parts gets regular thrills careening down slopes on a sled in winter, in a red wagon during the warm months. I cracked a smile at how Susie the girl-next-door calmly thwarts his plans to clobber her with snowballs, water balloons or some other kind of ambush. Their attempts to "play house" together, shown in a different comic art style, are hilarious. The larger horizontal format does make this book awkward to handle in softcover and I don't know if it adds much to appreciating the artwork as there are rather wide page margins.

from the Dogear Diary ( )
  jeane | Feb 18, 2018 |
I'm thirsty.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 158,973,244 books! | Top bar: Always visible