Homicidal Psycho Jungle Cat: A Calvin and…

Homicidal Psycho Jungle Cat: A Calvin and Hobbes Collection (Volume 13) (original 1994; edition 1994)

by Bill Watterson (Author)

Series: Calvin and Hobbes (9)

Calvin and Hobbes are at it again, and this time, our irrepressible friends are taking a walk on the wild side. Homicidal Psycho Jungle Cat chronicles another segment of the multifarious adventures of this wild child and his faithful, but skeptical, friend. If the best cartoons compel readers to identify themselves within the funny frames, then all who enjoy Calvin and Hobbes are creative, imaginative, and ... bad, bad, bad! Calvin, the irascible little boy with the stuffed tiger who comes to life are a pair bound for trouble. Boring school lessons become occasions for death-defying alien air battles, speeding snow sled descents elicit philosophical discussions on the meaning of life, and Hobbe's natural inclination to pounce on his little friend wreaks havoc on Calvin's sense of security. Calvin's the kid we all wish we'd been. Sassy, imaginative, far more verbal than his parents can manage, Calvin is the quintessential bad boy -- and the boy we love to see. He terrorizes little Susie, offers "Candid Opinions" from a neighborhood stand, and questions his parents' authority. "What assurance do I have that your parenting isn't screwing me up?" he demands. Calvin and Hobbes manages to say what needs to be said about childhood and life: "Eww, mud," says Calvin. "Look at this gooshy, dirty, slimy, thick, wet mud ... Bleecch ... Talk about a kid magnet!"… (more)
Member:Beckettlibrary
Title:Homicidal Psycho Jungle Cat: A Calvin and Hobbes Collection (Volume 13)
Authors:Bill Watterson (Author)
Info:Andrews McMeel Publishing (1994), Edition: 1st, 176 pages

Work Information

Homicidal Psycho Jungle Cat by Bill Watterson (1994)

$10.95
  EZY-2B-E | Aug 16, 2022 |
  lcslibrarian | Aug 14, 2020 |
A comic book doesn't need a review. Just read and enjoy.

But there were several comic strips that I wanted to copy and post on the wall. ( )
  bread2u | Jul 1, 2020 |
741.5
  OakGrove-KFA | Mar 29, 2020 |
Another brilliant compilation of Calvin and Hobbes comics, ranging from school, Spaceman Spiff adventures, snowman art to the legendary GROSS club. Still amazed at the level of entertainment and pointed social commentary that Watterson is able to squeeze into three panels. ( )
  matija2019 | Jan 8, 2019 |
I'm thirsty.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 174,244,761 books! | Top bar: Always visible