Fables, Vol. 12: The Dark Ages by Bill…

Fables, Vol. 12: The Dark Ages

by Bill Willingham

Other authors: Michael Allred (Illustrator), Mark Buckingham (Illustrator), Peter Gross (Illustrator), David Hahn (Illustrator), James Jean (Cover artist)1 more, Andrew Pepoy (Illustrator)

Series: Fables (Vol. 12, Issues 76-82)

Man, after everything was so "neatly" tied up in the last book, this one really screws with you. All the wonderful things that were accomplished came with a price. A very heavy price that none of the fables comprehended, not even Snow White or Frau Totenkinder. There is a power vacuum left behind after Gepetto is given amnesty and came to Fabletown. Not only is there a power vacuum, but many dark secrets that were hidden away were able to free themselves and they are now wreaking havoc on the homelands and in the mundy world. Shit is about to get serious. Grab some popcorn! ( )
  ecataldi | Aug 13, 2018 |
Just fantastic, as usual. I feel a little bad for putting this series down for as along as I did. Love it! ( )
  gossamerchild88 | Mar 30, 2018 |
With the Adversary defeated, Fables predictably introduces its new (more dangerous) "big bad". All things considered, it's not a bad volume, albeit contrived at time. Artwork is a bit patchy at time though. ( )
  amazedemon | Oct 15, 2016 |
The Dark Ages lives up to it’s title. There is little to celebrate as things take a turn for the worse in most areas. Fabletown is in peril, dark creatures and spells are being released, and we lose a favorite character as unintended consequences bring changes to the post-war chaos. This volume was definitely a downer.

I also had some issues with the artwork in this episode. Obviously, more than one artist was used and their styles were quite different, so characters kept changing their appearance thoughout the book which was quite jarring.

With so many characters being left in such a precarious position, I know I will be moving on to the next episodes soon. ( )
  DeltaQueen50 | Feb 1, 2016 |

Willingham, BillAuthorprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Allred, MichaelIllustratorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
Buckingham, MarkIllustratorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
Gross, PeterIllustratorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
Hahn, DavidIllustratorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
Jean, JamesCover artistsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
Pepoy, AndrewIllustratorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
This volume is dedicated to Stacy Sinner, who went into the woods, found my house of many stories there, and then built it for me.
- Bill Willingham
In loving memory of Marisa, Irma's Mum.
- Marck Buckingham
“Ready to go, pops?”

The great war between Fabletown and the mighty empire of the Adversary is over, but the victorious free Fables cannot escape the law of unintended consequences--in the post-war chaos of the Adversary's former realm, a terrible force is about to be unleashed, an evil that threatens not only Fabletown, but the entire mundane world.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 133,351,379 books! | Top bar: Always visible