Naked Pictures of Famous People (1998)

by Jon Stewart

He's the MTV generation's master of modern humor, a star of film, TV, and the comedy stage. This sultan of savvy serves up a whip-smart, utterly original collection of comic essays in Naked Pictures of Famous People. And as of January 11, 1999, you can enjoy the intelligence and self-deprecating charm he brings to contemporary comedy on  "The Daily Show." In his first book, he translates that unique talent to the page, with humorous forays into a vast array of subjects: fashion, urban life, fast cars, cocktail culture, modern Jewishness, politics, and dating. A seethingly irreverent wit, Stewart has a genius for language and brilliant timing that makes his up-to-the-minute collection a must-have for humor lovers in search of a Woody Allen for the 90s.… (more)

Not what I was expecting.
I didn’t find this funny. ( )
  Shahnareads | Oct 22, 2019 |
The popular comedian, film star, and TV personality presents a humorous venture into such topics as fashion, cocktail culture, fast cars, modern Jewishness, dating, politics, and urban life.
  JRCornell | Dec 8, 2018 |
A book of hilarious satire and stories with trademark John Stewart humor, the essays are quick and fun reads. ( )
  emigre | Mar 1, 2013 |
Some are quite good, some are not. ( )
  drbubbles | Nov 18, 2010 |
As much as I love Jon Stewart, I was completely disappointed by this book. A lot of it was just sheer determination to finish because, come on, it's Jon Stewart, it has to get funny, right? There were a couple of very funny "chapters" (specifically "Martha Stewart's Vagina), but for the most part, I was just glad it was over. Phew. ( )
  mcmollie | Oct 5, 2010 |
Stewart... has something of a fat-target problem, and seems partly unaware of this problem’s source in his own need to please an audience that has a limited range of reference.

For my loves — Tracey, Stan, and Shamsky. No offense, Sportscenter.
During the spring of 1935 I had the good fortune of making as my close acquaintance none other than John F. (Jack) Kennedy.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 150,552,290 books! | Top bar: Always visible