The Feng Shui Junkie by Brian Gallagher

The Feng Shui Junkie

by Brian Gallagher

Julie and Ronan are the perfect married couple: with two incomes, and both personal and professional success, theirs is a lifestyle to envy. That is, until the day Julie comes home unexpectedly early from a week away to find a yellow wonderbra hanging from the doorknob. It seems that in the age-old style it has all gone terribly wrong - Ronan is having an affair. Fuelled by anger, despair and whiskey, Julie embarks on a campaign of detection. Revenge may not be sweet, but it is most definitely worth it . . .… (more)

#119, 2004

Didn't really enjoy this book. It was a bit like watching a train wreck - not any fun, but somehow I couldn't look away. I wanted to see how it turned out, but now (having finished it) wish I hadn't bothered. The main character is a woman who discovers that her husband is cheating on her. In response, she behaves *very* badly. Repeatedly. To such a degree that it stopped being funny and went into the realm of disturbing. Shame to have ended my "big year" of reading on such a low note. That's okay - I'm sure to enjoy my first book of the new year more than the last of the old one. ( )
  herebedragons | Jan 17, 2007 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 141,575,694 books! | Top bar: Always visible