Accident by Danielle Steel

Accident (original 1994; edition 1994)

by Danielle Steel

Accidentis a powerful and ultimately triumphant novel of lives shattered and changed by one devastating moment. Although frequent business meetings keep her husband, Brad, away from home, Page Clarke feels blessed with her happy family and comfortable marriage. They have a house near San Francisco and she keeps busy looking after their seven-year-old son, Andy, and their teenage daughter, Allyson. Allyson, at fifteen, is trying her wings and one weekend, instead of an evening with her friend Chloe, the girls lie and go out with two older high school boys. But a Saturday night that was supposed to be fun ends in tragedy when their car collides head-on with another. At the hospital, Page finds Chloe's divorced father, Trygve, and, unable to locate Brad, she leans on his strength throughout the the long hours of tormenting questions. Will Allyson live? Will any of them? Were the teenagers drinking? Using drugs? Who was at fault? And where is her husband? Without Brad by her side Page feels her life start to come apart as she is forced to confront the fact that Allyson may not live, and if she does, she may never be the same again. In an inspiring novel that explores how many people are affected by one tragic accident and how they survive it, Danielle Steel brings us close to the characters whose lives are as familiar as our own... and who live, as we all do, in a world where everything can change in a single moment. From the Paperback edition.… (more)
Member:NCLBPH
Title:Accident
Authors:Danielle Steel
Info:New York : Delacorte Press, 1994.

Work Information

Accident by Danielle Steel (1994)

revealing, the period of my life I read it, about how things make people doubt their strength
  Ibrahim_Obalola | Apr 15, 2021 |
Accident by Danielle Steel
This book starts out with Paige and her husband and 2 kids, one of each, Allison and Andy.
Chloe is Allison's friend and they go out on night and end up in the hospital after a car accident. The accident changes the lives of 5 families.
Chloes's dad is raising an autistic son and an older son and Chloe. They meet at the hospital and wait to hear from the doc as to what happened and what the prognosis will be for each of them.
Problem is Paige's husband should be in Ohio but he arrives an hour after he gets the call. She finds out what is happening and she only wants to be there for Andy and Allison.
Story also follow them and the person who had hit them head on while on the Golden Gate Bridge. lots of heartache and when you think you can't take anymore there is more bad news...
They just live for the kids survival and a sense of normalcy in their home lives.
  jbarr5 | Nov 23, 2015 |
I registered a book at BookCrossing.com!
  JosieRivers | Dec 28, 2014 |
I really liked the book because It kept me on my toes. Even though it was predictable, I get shook up anytime a child is in danger! I could also relate to her feelings about the infedelity, and it just made it that much worse when it cameto her child! ( )
  JulieMagen | Dec 7, 2011 |
the story was predictalbe, once u read the 2nd chapter....... and the story moves on really slow. ( )
  bushrarehman | Jun 8, 2010 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 174,233,162 books! | Top bar: Always visible