Click, Clack, Moo Cows That Type

Click, Clack, Moo Cows That Type (original 2000; edition 2000)

Member:JCHEN16
Title:Click, Clack, Moo Cows That Type
Authors:
Info:(2000)

Click, Clack, Moo: Cows That Type by Doreen Cronin (2000)

Recently added byprivate library, adfluharty, aimee_95, manning3, clusk01, JCHEN16, rossl, katie

This story tells us a funny life vision in a farm. The main characters are the farmer and cows, hens and ducks. It is a comp modern fiction book for little children. The cows get a typewriter in farm and they type a note someday with their requirement about they are needing blankets due to the cold weather to the farmer Mr.Brown. Mr. brown refused at first so that the cows list another note with"no milk today!". Additionally, the hens join into the cows and request blankets as well, otherwise, no eggs today! Finally, they made a deal that farmer provide all the blankets they need and they will send the duck to exchange that with the typewriter. At the end, the ducks use the typer to make a deal with Mr.Brown as well.
What a humorous one! It is modern fiction because the animals are able to use the technology- the typewriter- to make notes and they can think and require something like human or act like human beings.
To teacher, it is a good story which can attract children by the multiple characters in the book.
To studens, it is a good story full of fun to read, and very creative. n ( )
  JCHEN16 | Mar 20, 2017 |
I would use this book as an interactive read aloud for second graders. I chose second grade because they are beginning to learn about figurative language. I would use this as an interactive read aloud to teach students about how to recognize onomatopoeia. I would teach students what onomatopoeia is with this book because it demonstrates how it is used by saying Click, Clack, Moo. I would also have students practice writing letters, using this book as an example. ( )
  kbellot | Mar 8, 2017 |
Farmer Brown's cows go on strike to get electric blankets. They stay on strike until Farmer Brown finally agrees and gives them what they want. Other animals on the farm start going on strike and requesting specific items as well. All the chaos started due to a typewriter being in the barn. ( )
  LindseyPetrenella | Mar 7, 2017 |
It is a good fantacy book in color pencil. It is believable and the plot is logically consistent through the criteria of the story world. "Cows that type? Impossible!" That’s what Farmer Brown thinks when he first hears the ‘click, clack’ from the barn, but then he reads the note the cows write him. All they want is electric blankets for the cold barn. When he refuses, they go on strike. What’s worse for the farmer is that the strike spreads to the cold hens as well. Duck finally negotiates a compromise. Unfortunately for Farmer Brown, the ducks have learned from all this, leaving us with a smile at the ending. ( )
  SSilvia | Mar 6, 2017 |
Good for story sequencing and writing process practice when it comes to editing, etc. ( )
  rri002 | Mar 3, 2017 |

Doreen Croninprimary authorall editionscalculated
Lewin, BestyIllustratormain authorall editionsconfirmed
For my Dad -D.C.
To Sue Dooley - B.L.
Farmer Brown has a problem. His cows like to type.
"Dear Cows and Hens: There will be no electric blankets. You are cows and hens. I demand milk and eggs. Sincerely, Farmer Brown"
Duck was a neutral party, so he brought the ultimatum to the cows.

Amazon.com Amazon.com Review (ISBN 0689832133, Hardcover)

The literacy rate in Farmer Brown's barn goes up considerably once his cows find an old typewriter and begin typing. To the harassed farmer's dismay, his communicative cows quickly become contentious:

Dear Farmer Brown,
The barn is very cold at night. We'd like some electric blankets.
Sincerely,
The Cows

When he refuses to comply with their demands, the cows take action. Farmer Brown finds another note on the barn door: "Sorry. We're closed. No milk today." Soon the striking cows and Farmer Brown are forced to reach a mutually agreeable compromise, with the help of an impartial party--the duck. But this poor, beleaguered farmer's "atypical" troubles are not over yet!

This hilarious tale will give young rebels-in-the-making a taste of the power of peaceful protest and the satisfaction of cooperative give and take. Witty watercolors by award-winning illustrator Betsy Lewin (Snake Alley Band, Araminta's Paint Box) will make this a favorite for one and all, even if words such as "ultimatum" and "neutral" throw the younger set. (Ages 5 to 8) --Emilie Coulter

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 17:58:16 -0400)

When Farmer Brown's cows find a typewriter in the barn they start making demands, and go on strike when the farmer refuses to give them what they want.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 113,189,384 books! | Top bar: Always visible