Click, Clack, Moo Cows That Type

Click, Clack, Moo Cows That Type (original 2000; edition 2000)

Member:JCHEN16
Title:Click, Clack, Moo Cows That Type
Authors:
Info:(2000)

Click, Clack, Moo: Cows That Type by Doreen Cronin (2000)

Summary: The book is about cows who type to their owner/farmer. They type requests asking for electric blankets. The farmer can't give them electric blankets so the cows type a letter saying they won't give anymore milk. The cows gather the ducks and chickens and they withhold their eggs. The farmer finally give the animals electric blanket and all is well.

Critique of Genre: Modern Fantasy because animals are talking in the book.

Age: Primary

Media: water color ( )
  elissamcgeever | Apr 19, 2017 |
I would use this book in a third grade class room as a read aloud. I would have them listen carefully and then when they were finished I'd have them summarize what the heard and draw a picture of one of the characters. This would help them identify characters in a story. I'd also use this with a first or second grade class when teaching students about poetry and rhyming.
  kroby01 | Apr 18, 2017 |
For this book, I would use it as a first-grade read aloud. I would introduce the repetition at the end of the lines with "click, clack, moo" and have the children repeat with me at that time. Then the children would practice their letter writing by writing their own letters to Farmer Brown making a demand for something they wanted.
  EllieDowns | Apr 18, 2017 |
Click, Clack, Moo can be used for kindergarten and first grade. It could be used as an independent reading book because it has a simple plot, it is engaging to read, and simple vocabulary. Some students may need assistance in the reading of this book with some vocabulary words and their definition. This book could be used to teach setting because it is constant throughout the book and contributes to the plot. The students can also learn about onomatopoeia's because they are repeated over and over again in the book with click, clack, and moo.
  MeredithCox | Apr 18, 2017 |
I would use this book as an interactive read-aloud with first and second graders. With this book, we would discuss the importance how the book progresses and focus on the plot of the beginning, middle and end of the story. With this, I would have the students make connections with the cows and have them think about something they've wanted to ask their parents for. I would use this book as an introduction to them writing their persuasive writing pieces and how to form a letter.
  apecaro01 | Apr 17, 2017 |
I would use this book as an interactive read aloud for second graders. I chose second grade because they are beginning to learn about figurative language. I would use this as an interactive read aloud to teach students about how to recognize onomatopoeia. I would teach students what onomatopoeia is with this book because it demonstrates how it is used by saying Click, Clack, Moo. I would also have students practice writing letters, using this book as an example.

Doreen Croninprimary authorall editionscalculated
Lewin, BestyIllustratormain authorall editionsconfirmed
For my Dad -D.C.
To Sue Dooley - B.L.
Farmer Brown has a problem. His cows like to type.
"Dear Cows and Hens: There will be no electric blankets. You are cows and hens. I demand milk and eggs. Sincerely, Farmer Brown"
Duck was a neutral party, so he brought the ultimatum to the cows.

Amazon.com Amazon.com Review (ISBN 0689832133, Hardcover)

The literacy rate in Farmer Brown's barn goes up considerably once his cows find an old typewriter and begin typing. To the harassed farmer's dismay, his communicative cows quickly become contentious:

Dear Farmer Brown,
The barn is very cold at night. We'd like some electric blankets.
Sincerely,
The Cows

When he refuses to comply with their demands, the cows take action. Farmer Brown finds another note on the barn door: "Sorry. We're closed. No milk today." Soon the striking cows and Farmer Brown are forced to reach a mutually agreeable compromise, with the help of an impartial party--the duck. But this poor, beleaguered farmer's "atypical" troubles are not over yet!

This hilarious tale will give young rebels-in-the-making a taste of the power of peaceful protest and the satisfaction of cooperative give and take. Witty watercolors by award-winning illustrator Betsy Lewin (Snake Alley Band, Araminta's Paint Box) will make this a favorite for one and all, even if words such as "ultimatum" and "neutral" throw the younger set. (Ages 5 to 8) --Emilie Coulter

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 17:58:16 -0400)

When Farmer Brown's cows find a typewriter in the barn they start making demands, and go on strike when the farmer refuses to give them what they want.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 113,789,880 books! | Top bar: Always visible