Click, Clack, Moo: Cows That Type (A Click…

Click, Clack, Moo: Cows That Type (A Click Clack Book) (original 2000; edition 2010)

by Doreen Cronin (Author)

When Farmer Brown's cows find a typewriter in the barn they start making demands, and go on strike when the farmer refuses to give them what they want.
Member:Stonek
Title:Click, Clack, Moo: Cows That Type (A Click Clack Book)
Authors:Doreen Cronin (Author)
Info:Little Simon (2010), Edition: Brdbk, 34 pages

Click, Clack, Moo: Cows That Type by Doreen Cronin (2000)

$15.95
  CapitalCityPCS | Sep 20, 2019 |
In my opinion, this is a mediocre book. There were parts of the book that I enjoyed, such as, the characters. I enjoyed the humor of the farm animals being able to communicate with the farmer through the typewriter. I liked how the typewriter humanized the animals by giving them a voice and more personality through the letters they wrote to the farmer. It was especially humorous when the book started off with, “Farmer Brown has a problem. His cows like to type”. This is not something that is characteristic of cows or animals in real life so it creates a comedic effect that the cows are able to do human actions. While I enjoyed the characters, I did not like the portion of the plot when it came to conflict resolution. The message of the story seemed to be teaching the reader that you can bargain to get what you desire, however, I had some disagreements with how they portrayed the bargaining. The exchange was evident in the letter that read, “Dear Farmer Brown, we will exchange our typewriter for electric blankets”. I was not fond of the idea of the animals giving up their voice by giving up their typewriter in exchange for material goods. I felt like it suggested the idea to children that they can sacrifice their ideas/voice and limit their speech in order to get what they want. ( )
  Mting1 | Sep 10, 2019 |
Emily Weinstein
I liked this book for a few reasons. First, I liked the use of repetition throughout the story, “Click, clack, moo. Click, clack, moo. Clickety, clack, moo” was repeated many times. In my opinion the use of repetition enhanced the story and makes it more fun for younger audiences. I also liked the illustrations in the story, enhanced it very well. The illustration and story showed personification. I enjoyed looking through the different illustrations and expressions on the farmers/animals faces. This story also pushed the readers to look at the big picture and I liked that it showed friends working together. The big idea of this story is to show that while working together as a team you can get what you want. The animals worked together and never gave up and were able to receive what they wanted- electric blanket for example.
  eweins6 | Sep 4, 2019 |
This is a cute story where farmer brown's cows find a typewriter in the barn and start typing out demands for farmer brown to meet or else they would go on stirke. The famer gets really mad about this but he solves the problem by calmly negotiating and compromising with the cows. In the end all the animals get what they want. ( )
  KPyfromDay | Aug 17, 2019 |
Who couldn't love this book. So enjoyable. Full of more educational content and complexity than it appears to have. More than just a funny book, even the amusing cartoonish illustrations enhance the text to create deeper meaning. ( )
  EMiMIB | Jul 28, 2019 |

Doreen Croninprimary authorall editionscalculated
Lewin, BestyIllustratorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
For my Dad -D.C.
To Sue Dooley - B.L.
Farmer Brown has a problem. His cows like to type.
"Dear Cows and Hens: There will be no electric blankets. You are cows and hens. I demand milk and eggs. Sincerely, Farmer Brown"
Duck was a neutral party, so he brought the ultimatum to the cows.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 138,758,289 books! | Top bar: Always visible