In My World

In My World (edition 2002)

Describes some of the many things in the natural world--such as worms, seashells, flowers, and stars--that a child can appreciate.
Member:piedpipers
Title:In My World
Authors:
Info:scholastic (2002), Unknown Binding

In My World by Lois Ehlert

Colorful die-cut pages create the unique illustrations for this imaginative book that celebrates nature and encourages young readers to discover the world around them. Discover things that creep, leap, wiggle, sing, swim, bloom, or fly. Then play the rebus game. What can the young reader see in the pages of this book?

Highly recommended. ( )
  jfe16 | Dec 28, 2019 |
The story starts off by saying "My world is made of things i like" and goes on to describe animals and other things in nature such as flowers and the sun. This book is simple but shows kids reading it that there are a lot of things in nature to be appreciative of. It also shows kids how to use different adjectives when describing something. Each page has a cut out in the shape of the animal or thing that the page is about which is different and fun for kids. ( )
  KPyfromDay | Aug 25, 2019 |
I love Lois Ehlert. She writes about the world and nature and all the beautiful small things I never used to appreciate the way I do now. The illustrations are die-cuts of leaves, bugs, rain, stars, fruit, and other things you can find outside, and the pages are pretty sturdy so they should hold up through average use. ( )
  mirikayla | Feb 8, 2016 |
This is a book that shows children different shapes that are in our world. Very appealing for younger children.
  Crystal.Axelson | Dec 10, 2012 |
This story incorporates different viewpoints on how individual people are along with their emotions.
  molly1717 | Dec 10, 2012 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 162,447,678 books! | Top bar: Always visible