The Heavenly Man: The Remarkable True Story…

The Heavenly Man: The Remarkable True Story of Chinese Christian Brother… (original 2002; edition 2003)

by Paul Hattaway

Member:redcedarchurch
Title:The Heavenly Man: The Remarkable True Story of Chinese Christian Brother Yun
Authors:Paul Hattaway
Info:Kregel Pubns (2003), Paperback, 352 pages
Tags:biography

The Heavenly Man by Brother Yun (2002)

This must be one of the best books I've read. ( )
  dannyp777 | Aug 8, 2017 |
I felt uncomfortable when reading this book firstly due to the title. Should anyone really name themselves "The Heavenly Man?" I found the many miracles almost unbelievable and would like to have seen other sources that supported his version of events. I'm just not sure I can accept that these things really happened and as another reviewer has pointed out, several of the stories mirror things that happened in scripture down to the last detail (Yun's escape from prison)

I wouldn't recommend this as it may confuse a non-believer or a not so discerning believer... ( )
  sparkleandchico | Aug 31, 2016 |
I think the only way I can rightly describe it is as one reviewer did on the back of the book: it really is like reading a modern-day version of the book of Acts. Brother Yun tells freely about his experiences leading the persecuted church in China with humility, and reading this book has deeply challenged me in my own love for Jesus and passion for the unreached. He also applies Bible passages in unconventional ways. Overall, I love the heart behind this story, and it really is one that gives glory to God alone. ( )
  elephantine | Nov 27, 2015 |
The Heavenly Man by Brother Yun is . . . wow. If you're interested in the recent history of China and the growth of Christianity there since the '70s, this is the book for you. If you're interested in how Christianity can be revived, this is the book for you. If you want to read current history that mirrors the book of Acts, this is the book for you. If you're a sceptic of Christianity, please read this book; it is the strongest testimony and proof I can imagine for Christianity. ( )
  jjvors | Jun 15, 2014 |
we have 2004 reprinted edition
  Naushadwin | Apr 26, 2012 |
would like to celebrate, a gift would be just perfect for any occasion. Even if you shop for your

Brother Yunprimary authorall editionscalculated
Hattaway, Paulas told tosecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
My name is Liu Zhenying.

A dramatic autobiography of one of China's dedicated, courageous, and intensely persecuted house church leaders.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 082546207X, Paperback)

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:07:38 -0400)

The stories have been in the headlines: government crackdowns on Chinese house churches; mass arrests and human rights violations. But this intensely dramatic autobiography makes it real! Learn how God took a young half-starved boy from Henan Province and enabled him to stand strong on the front lines for Jesus, braving horrific opposition and impossible odds.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 135,759,037 books! | Top bar: Always visible