Trusting God: Even When Life Hurts by Jerry…

Trusting God: Even When Life Hurts

by Jerry Bridges

Member:jstopyra
Title:Trusting God: Even When Life Hurts
Authors:Jerry Bridges
Info:Christian Audio
Collections:Your library, CD/DVD

Trusting God: Even When Life Hurts by Jerry Bridges

pp. 24-25 = "providence of God" is almost always used in connection with "good" events and not negative events. This implies God intervenes at particular times in our lives but otherwise is just an observer.
pg. 187 = Joseph's difficult circumstances were not necessary just for him to be in the right place at the right time. They were necessary to make him into the right kind of person for the responsibilities God would give him.
pg. 195 = In order to trust God we must first know that He is sovereign, wise, and loving. Then we must choose to trust Him...it is a matter of the will.
These are a few of the truths in this very helpful book. A book worth reviewing periodically.
  peggywhited | Aug 23, 2016 |
Excellent. I love to read Bridges. ( )
  david__clifford | Feb 3, 2016 |
I must admit, I was sceptical. Yet another book on why God lets bad things happen. There have been plenty written already, and some are pretty poor. This one however is excellent. Bridges asks the question: can we trust God? Firstly is God trustworthy? He works his way through God's sovereignty, His wisdom, and lastly His love. We end by looking at thankfulness in all circumstances, even thankfulness for suffering. Finally the reader is to consider whether they personally choose to trust God. A very good book, highly recommended. ( )
  eclecticdodo | Jul 1, 2013 |
If you are Reformed, this would probably be a 5 star book. For an Arminian, it has very little to offer. ( )
  Bill.Bradford | Jul 24, 2012 |
Read 7/2012; Kindle
  bobbyemccoy | Jul 14, 2012 |
This book shares an ISBN with The History of Oklahoma by Arrell Morgan Gibson.

It's easy to trust God when everything's going your way. But what about when things go wrong? Learn the essentials of belief necessary to trust God completely.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:25:36 -0400)

Because obeying God makes sense to us. In most cases, His laws appear reasonable and wise, and even when we don't want to obey them, we usually concede that they are good for us. But the circumstances we find ourselves in often defy explanation. When unexpected situations arise that appear unjust, irrational, or even dreadful, we feel confused and frustrated. And before long, we begin to doubt God's concern for us or His control over our lives. Adversity is hard to endure and can even be harder to understand. If God were really in control, why would He allow the tragic Auto accident or crucial job loss? How could He permit cancer in a loved one or the death of a child? Grappling with His concern for us we ask, ?Why is God allowing this?" or ?What have I done wrong?" In an effort to strengthen his own trust in God during a time of adversity, Jerry Bridges began a lengthy Bible study on the topic of God's sovereignty. What he learned changed his life, and he now shares the fruit of that study with you in Trusting God . As you begin to explore the scope of God's power over nations, nature, and the detailed lives of individuals, you'll begin to acknowledge His loving control. And as you come to know Him better, you'll find yourself trusting Him more completely?even when life hurts.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 135,696,728 books! | Top bar: Always visible