The Journal of George Fox by George Fox

The Journal of George Fox (original 1694; edition 1997)

by George Fox, John L. Nickalls (Editor)

Member:PJCWLibrary
Title:The Journal of George Fox
Authors:George Fox
Other authors:John L. Nickalls (Editor)
Info:Philadelphia Yearly Meeting (1995), Paperback
Rating:*****
Tags:George Fox - Autobiography

The Journal of George Fox by George Fox (1694)

Written with the help of his son-in-law ( )
  PJCWLibrary | Jun 13, 2018 |
The best edition of George Fox's Journal - A must read for Quakers ( )
  FriendshipFLibrary | Sep 1, 2016 |
A central documentation of George Fox's essential spiritual contributions to the early development of the Society of Friends. It also provides detailed documentation of early Quaker history. ( )
  strawberrycreekmtg | Feb 15, 2016 |
First, a head's up. This text is available from Project Gutenberg, including Jones' very informative notes.

I have given this five stars because it has really shaken me and affirmed my understanding of humanity. While I am not a Quaker, I do believe deeply in the ability of each and every person to communicate and be instructed by God. I highly recommend this book for both seekers and believers. Prepare to be impressed with the strength and the courage of this Saint. ( )
  3wheeledlibrarian | Oct 30, 2013 |
paperback
  cookknj | May 18, 2008 |

ISBN: 085245-291-8

George Fox's record of his life and ministry is a Christian classic. Its pages chroncile not only Fox's spiritual travial when he heard a voice that said, "There is one, even Christ Jesus, that can speak to thy condition," but his years of ministry and gathering a people for Christ who became known as the Society of Friends. Includes a glossary of words and phrases most commonly used by Fox.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:14:04 -0400)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 126,473,166 books! | Top bar: Always visible