Wolfcry by Amelia Atwater-Rhodes

Wolfcry (edition 2006)

by Amelia Atwater-Rhodes

Series: The Kiesha'ra (4)

Knowing that she must soon choose a mate, twenty-year-old Oliza, heir to the Wyvern throne that unites the avian and serpentine peoples, weighs the political ramifications of her choice while also longing to follow her heart.
Member:xenoglossy
Title:Wolfcry
Authors:Amelia Atwater-Rhodes
Info:New York : Delacorte Press, c2006.
Collections:Read but unowned
Rating:***
Tags:ya, fantasy, lgbtq fiction, secondary-world fantasy

Work Information

Wolfcry by Amelia Atwater-Rhodes

When going through my data imported from Goodreads I was surprised to realize that when I entered this book there (probably more than ten years ago) I had rated it a 2. Presumably this was because Amelia Atwater-Rhodes books are pretty trashy and I was embarrassed. But you know what, this book going for the surprise f/f ending was a formative experience for me and I still think about it a lot, and I really appreciate it for that. ( )
  xenoglossy | Aug 17, 2022 |
Totally not the fate I was expecting for Oliza! I can't wait to read the next book, from Hai's point of view. I'm thinking it'll be much more interesting. ( )
  brittaniethekid | Jul 7, 2022 |
the one thing i dislike about this is that it steers away from Zane and Danica and focuses on their daughter, who happens to have some....weird preferences when it comes to whom she's attracted to...i guess thats the best i can do while staying PC=/ ( )
  KendraFitz | Feb 27, 2017 |
Better than some of the series, average in comparison to other books in the group, Wolfcry is the semi-conclusion of nation’s history. I voice it that way because to say anything else would give away too much of the plot. There are twists, there are turns, there are abductions and there are revelations, but I’m not really sure about how they all came together to form the completion of the book. I will say that I was glad to see an important character’s sexual identity be different from those around them and to not really have anyone blink an eye about it. Those kinds of inclusions are important for young readers and the idea of not making them a big deal within the story puts a little seed in the mind that differences aren’t really as big of a deal anyway.

I will say that the conclusion of the book made me a little upset. All of the series had built up this culture and this way of life for their characters, and the end of the book just seems to toss all of that out the window. It felt a lot like doing tons of work on a major project, only to have to tear it all down again, leaving me with a very empty feeling about the series in general. There was also one character that I wish there had been more of, but who was hardly worth a few pages of the book’s time. It also felt like a lot of effort was put into his existence, only to have him tossed aside. Don't know how I'll feel about picking up the next book and reading on. When I do, it will be because I want some form of closure. ( )
  mirrani | Nov 1, 2013 |
Beautiful story - 4th in the series. This is about Oliza, the wyvern daughter of the characters in the first three books. ( )
  hoosgracie | Jul 31, 2010 |

Belongs to Series

Another day, and Wyvern's Court still survives.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 177,186,665 books! | Top bar: Always visible