Prophet, Madman, Wanderer (Penguin 60s)

by Kahlil Gibran

Reissued to mark the 75th anniversary of the first publication of THE PROPHET, this is a gift edition of Gibran's work. THE PROPHET speaks of love and marriage, joy and sorrow, reason and passion, beauty and death. Inspired largely by nature, it conveys the yearning for a Unity of Being that can only be achieved through love.… (more)

Spanish (2)  English (1)  All languages (3)
Lots of little gems in this very small book, but at this time this was not a book for me.
I really struggled to finish it, had to think too hard, found it too philosophical. (See quote below for a few sentences that depict what I mean.)

Quote: "Pleasure is a freedom-song, but it is not freedom. It is the blossoming of your desires, but it is not their fruit. It is a depth calling unto a height, but it is not the deep nor the high. Ay, in very truth, pleasure is a freedom-song. And I fain would have you sing it with fullness of heart; yet I would not have you lose your hearts in the singing. " ( )
  BoekenTrol71 | Sep 18, 2013 |

Belongs to Publisher Series

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 176,627,748 books! | Top bar: Always visible