HomeGroupsTalkExplore

Kenneth Williams Unseen: The Private Notes, Scripts and Photographs

by Wes Butters, Russell Davies (Author)

2008 marks the 20th anniversary of the death of legendary comic actor and broadcaster Kenneth Williams. This text celebrates his life, including never-before-seen photographs, sketches and personal testimony from Williams' closest friends.

The greatest pleasure in collecting books comes, not from the tome which you expect to give great pleasure, but from one such as this: I have read numerous biographies of KW and did not expect that there was much that I did not know, which would be allowed to become public knowledge. A casual glance at the book seemed to confirm my opinions: it is a host of photographs held together with short reminiscences from people who knew Kenneth.
The name, Russell Davies, should have alerted me to the fact that this was liable to prove a false assumption but, it was not until I started to read, that I realized just what a treasure trove of information this is! I would be lying if I were to imply that my views of the man had been totally amended: that would mean that everything else written about him was untrue but, after reading this, KW is a more rounded figure.
No one will ever know for certain, whether Williams intended to take his own life, or whether, he accidentally took an overdose of pills, but the arguments are marshalled better in this book than anywhere else. His lack of close friends and his relationship with his sister and mother are both much easier to comprehend from this book too,
One of the best books about the man (although, it fleshes out, rather than replaces the more standard biographies) ( )
  the.ken.petersen | Apr 17, 2009 |

Butters, WesAuthorprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Davies, RussellAuthormain authorall editionsconfirmed

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 183,028,886 books! | Top bar: Always visible