The New encyclopaedia Britannica

The New encyclopaedia Britannica (edition 1994)

Comprises one Propaedia (outline of knowledge) volume, 12 Micropaedia (ready reference), 17 Macropaedia (knowledge in depth), two index volumes, plus a free copy of Britannica World Data Annual 1991. For this printing, 7865 pages were revised. Price quoted is for Classic Brown binding.
Member:mschetti
Title:The New encyclopaedia Britannica
Authors:
Info:Chicago : Encyclopaedia Britannica, c1994.

Encyclopedia Britannica Revised 15th Edition by Britannica Editors

English (2)  Spanish (1)  All languages (3)
We innovate how the world learns through credible and memorable experiences.

We are Britannica Group, Inc, the world-wide leader at the forefront of the information revolution for 250 years. We have empowered the way the world teaches and learns, and we continue to pave the way in reimagining discovery and inquiry. Inspiring curiosity and instilling the joy of learning is how Britannica builds the world’s future leaders.
  OLibrary | May 17, 2021 |
I've always found the micropedia/macropedia split annoying in the 15th edition of this great encyclopedia. It makes fact checking somewhat tedious. But, more and more, I find I'm using the long articles as introductions to topics I am unfamiliar with. That's where its real value lies: coherent introductions to fields of knowledge, written by experts. It's certainly not anything we're ever going to see on Wikipedia. ( )
1 vote aulsmith | Nov 30, 2009 |

Many editions of the encyclopedia have been combined into this record.

GenreThing

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 159,149,201 books! | Top bar: Always visible