Star Trek Nemesis [2002 film] (2002)

by Stuart Baird (Director)

Other authors: LeVar Burton, Jerry Goldsmith (Composer)

Series: Star Trek Movies (10)

Called to the neutral zone to help negotiate peace between the Romulans and the Federation, Picard and the crew of the Enterprise are confronted by the mysterious new Romulan Praetor Shinzon, a man who claims to be Picard's clone, and who plans to lead a Romulan attack on the Federation.

An alien world's new dictator is a mad clone.

There are enough good ideas in it that it might have been a good movie, with a different director and a revised script. As it is, it's just sort of like, "I don't know, here are some spaceships, and guys in capes, and I guess this isn't Star Wars?"

Concept: C
Music: C

Enjoyment: C plus

GPA: 2.0/4 ( )
  comfypants | Nov 4, 2015 |
A lot of Star Trek fans panned this one. I think partly because they felt it was too reminiscent of Wrath of Khan with Data playing the Spock role. (Well, compared to Into the Darkness....) I liked it though. I found it fascinating what the character of Praetor Shinzon and what it implied about Picard's potentials--how differently he might have wound up. And seriously, this is a lot better than several Trek films: Star Trek: The Motion Picture, Star Trek: The Final Frontier, Star Trek: Generations and Star Trek: Insurrection. (And definitely better than the latest and lame Into the Darkness. So I'd call it middle of the pack. ( )
  LisaMaria_C | Sep 16, 2013 |

Baird, StuartDirectorprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Burton, LeVarsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
Goldsmith, JerryComposersecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
This is the actual movie (on DVD/VHS/whatever) please do not combine it with the novelisation.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 173,659,843 books! | Top bar: Always visible