Young Renny (Jalna) by Mazo De la Roche

Young Renny (Jalna) (original 1935; edition 2009)

by Mazo De la Roche (Author)

Series: Whiteoaks of Jalna (4)

Young Renny takes us even farther back in the Whiteoak family saga to 1906. Renny, the young master of Jalna, is just 18. The plot thickens when two outsiders join the mix: a gypsy woman who seduces Renny, and a distant cousin from Ireland who befriends Gran, moves into Jalna, and spies on the family.… (more)
Member:hermionecaroline
Title:Young Renny (Jalna)
Authors:Mazo De la Roche (Author)
Info:Dundurn (2009), 280 pages

Young Renny by Mazo De la Roche (1935)

Another in the Jalna saga, this one focuses on the first Whiteoaks of Jalna's grandchildren. There are adventures and troubles and trials to make a great story. ( )
  rosiezbanks | Aug 4, 2019 |
I read this series of books when I was in my early teens. I loved the stories then. That was the 60s. I don't remember ever reading this one, but it was good. De la Roche's characterizations are great. The grandmother, Old Adeline, is quite a lady. ( )
  storytime930 | Apr 20, 2010 |
For Edward and Anne Dimock Remembering the summer of 1934 and much before and after
Everything about the house had been put in perfect order.

Young Renny Whiteoak, with his flaming hair and sharp handsome face, was not yet twenty. And yet he had the wisdom of a man twice his years. Already he had become a legendary horseman, and eveyone knew that Jalna would someday be his. But even Renny had not reckoned with the power of a woman in the throes of passion - a woman who would destroy him if she could not have him...

Dundurn

An edition of this book was published by Dundurn.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 160,545,098 books! | Top bar: Always visible