Sins of the Night (Dark-Hunter, Book 8) by…

Sins of the Night (Dark-Hunter, Book 8) (edition 2005)

by Sherrilyn Kenyon

Series: Dark-Hunter (8)

In the realm of the Dark-Hunters there is a code of honor that even immortal bad boys must follow: Harm no human. Drink no blood. Never fall in love. But every now and again a Dark-Hunter thinks himself above the Code. That's when I'm summoned. Who am I? I'm the one thing the fearless fear. I am relentless and unfeeling. Or so I thought until I met a female Dark-Hunter who goes by the name of Danger-it's not just her name, it's how she lives her life. She doesn't trust me at all. Yet she is my key to saving some of them. Without her, they all will die. Dangereuse St. Richard is a deadly distraction. Something about her is reawakening a heart I thought was long dead. But in a race against evil, the only hope mankind has is that I do my duty. And how can I do my duty when it means that I will have to sacrifice the only woman I've ever loved?… (more)
Member:dragonskin
Title:Sins of the Night (Dark-Hunter, Book 8)
Authors:Sherrilyn Kenyon
Info:St. Martin's Paperbacks (2005), Mass Market Paperback, 384 pages
Collections:Your library, To read

Sins of the Night by Sherrilyn Kenyon

hb
  5083mitzi | Jul 23, 2020 |
Alexion is Ash's Enforcer he's sent to try and save Dark Hunters from going to the darkside. Danger requests Ash's help and gets Alexion instead. She waffles at first who to believe but eventually chooses right, and tries to make the most of the brief time Alexion has.
  wyldheartreads | Jun 20, 2019 |
Sins of the Night
3 Stars

Synopsis
The Dark-Hunters in Mississippi are being led astray and Dangereuse St. Richard calls Acheron for help. Ash sends in his right hand man, Alexion, who is tasked with investigating, judging and, if necessary, executing wayward Dark Hunters. Danger is wary of Alexion's intentions but the two must work together if they are to thwart the nefarious scheme of a powerful enemy.

Review

The story moves away from the established group of Dark Hunters in New Orleans and readers are introduced to a host of new characters none of whom are developed properly. Even Danger and Alexion are treated very superficially and I am surprised that the author who gave us Zarek and Valerius wrote a character as one-dimensional as Alexion.

The romance lacks chemistry and the plot is utterly predicable with one cliche after another. Moreover, the allusions to popular culture are excessive and unnecessary, and it is a pity that the first female Dark-Hunter heroine isn't more kick-ass (where is Tabby when you need her).

There are a few highlights to the book. First and foremost is the new and compelling information concerning Acheron's origins, which means that followers of the series should read this one to discover the interesting tidbits. Another is the explanations regarding the Charonte demons - I just love that Simi, she is so adorable! Finally, Stryker is a truly despicable villain and he makes my skin crawl - it will be excellent to see him eventually get his comeuppance (hopefully).

Overall, a so-so addition to the series. It is a good thing that the next book focuses on a were-hunter because this Dark Hunter story definitely fell flat. ( )
  Lauren2013 | May 24, 2018 |
Non mi ha lasciato assolutamente niente. La coppia è insipida, il deus ex machina di Acheron è ASSURDO.
Quale è stata la scelta di Alexion? Nessuna! Cosa ha sacrificato? Nulla, non è dipeso da lui, anzi, ha lottato fino alla fine per non dover rinunciare a nulla...

Questo libro non ha senso secondo me. ( )
  Nasreen44 | Jun 8, 2017 |
Danger and Alexion are a fantastic team, fighting a god? with ulterior motives as he tries to pit the Dark Hunters against Acheron. A new demon for Simi to play with inters the story, and she is fun. We also hear more of Acheron's past. ( )
  TheYodamom | Jan 29, 2016 |

Sherrilyn Kenyonprimary authorall editionscalculated
Berman, FredNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Kleef, J.C. vanTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Kluge, LinaÜbersetzersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Osborne, DanyTraductionsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Rabe, LarissaÜbersetzersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
As always, a big thank-you to Kim, Julie, and Nancy
for all the hard work you ladies do on my behalf.
I have no idea what I would do without you.
    For my fans, the LOS and the RBLs, who add so
much pleasure and support to my world. Thank you!!
You have no idea how much you all mean to me. To
my family, who is forever understanding of why Mom
has to spend so many hours locked in her small office.
To my friends, who are always there through the good
times and the bad.
    To my baby brother, for all the laughter you give
me when I need it, and to his wife, who takes such
good care of him for me.
    And most of all to my mother. Thank you so
much, Mom, for giving me the love of vampires and
of all things paranormal. I owe you more than can
ever be repaid and there's not a day in my life that
goes by where I don't feel the loss of you deep inside
my heart. I miss you, Mom. I always will.
    All my love to all of you. Thank you so much for
taking these trips into the unknown with me.
Mississippi University for Women
Columbus, Mississippi

She was dead.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 151,699,972 books! | Top bar: Always visible