I Promised My Dad: An Intimate Portrait of Michael Landon

by Cheryl Landon Wilson

The author describes her father's roles in Bonanza, Little House on the Prairie, and Highway to Heaven, and offers anecdotes about his private life and his perspectives on dying.

Review: I Promised My Dad by Cheryl Landon Wilson.

The author held nothing back about her father’s goodness or his flaws. I rated the biography a three because Michael Landon isn’t the person I thought he was. What I read sends off more flaws then goodness. His main three shows, Bonanza, as Little Joe, Little House on the Prairie, as Charles Ingalls, and Highway to Heaven, as Jonathan Smith were great shows and I feel he was a great character, almost a saint, but he was a whole different guy when off-stage.

Michael was admired by so many people and Cheryl’s intimate memoirs written by her were close up, personal and special. His family meant a lot to him even though his up-bringing was abusive. Landon had nine children between two marriages. Michael Landon was a television hero to her and in his character roles with family values Cheryl believed he was the best.

There were moments when Michael degraded, hated, used family and friends and he sometimes showed anger and he even went through drinking uncontrollable and using drugs but the world did not see or live his life in that manner but his step-daughter created an image of a different person. I won’t go through the rough attitude or flaws of Michael Landon that Cheryl wrote in the book because I like to imagine him like the characters he acted on television. ( )
  Juan-banjo | Dec 24, 2019 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 180,261,283 books! | Top bar: Always visible