Check out the Pride Celebration Treasure Hunt!

Sink reflections by Marla Cilley

Sink reflections (2002)

by Marla Cilley

With her special blend of housecleaning tips, humor, and musings about daily life, Marla Cilley, a.k.a. The FlyLady, shows you how to manage clutter and chaos and get your home—and your life—in order. Drawn from the lessons and tools used in her popular mentoring program, the FlyLady system helps you create doable housekeeping routines and break down overwhelming chores into manageable missions that will restore peace to your home—and your psyche. Soon you’ll be able to greet guests without fear, find your keys, locate your kids, and, most of all, learn how to FLY: Finally Love Yourself. ( )
  LynneQuan | Sep 22, 2017 |
There are some really good nuggets of advice here but she also annoyed me.

Apart from the emphasis on God that rears regularly, which broke my reading, her treating of her husband as a child annoyed me, I'm sure she has her life, but not insisting that her husband person up and do for himself (remind him that his lunch is in the fridge for ex) and not realising that both parents helping with housework, particularly when both are working is a good role-model for kids.

And the shoes thing, nope, I wear slip-ons at home that I can go outdoors in (loves my birkenstocks) and I am prone to athletes foot, so keeping my feet aired is good, (me not going barefoot is because I have bad feet but I would and I did for years, and regularly swept floors, because grit underfoot is unpleasant.)

I did try signing up for the newsletter but I got annoyed at being told to shine my sink while I was in work. I do think that a lot of the ideas are good but she rubbed me up the wrong way, not my book. ( )
  wyvernfriend | Jan 7, 2017 |
I use the FlyLady to keep me focused in housework.
  JCBest | Feb 6, 2014 |
I use the FlyLady to keep me focused in housework.
1 vote JCBest | Feb 6, 2014 |
Great system for organizing your home and life. Unfortunately, I kept losing it under the other 44 books I have checked out. ( )
1 vote Micalhut | Aug 20, 2013 |

Fly Out of CHAOS
(Can’t Have Anyone Over Syndrome)
Into Order—One BabyStep at a Time

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:07:51 -0400)

How to get your home and your life in order and it starts with a shining your sink!.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 135,480,328 books! | Top bar: Always visible