dismiss

Sink reflections (2002)

by Marla Cilley

Fly Out of CHAOS (Can't Have Anyone Over Syndrome) Into Order--One BabyStep at a Time With her special blend of housecleaning tips, humor, and musings about daily life, Marla Cilley, a.k.a. The FlyLady, shows you how to manage clutter and chaos and get your home--and your life--in order. Drawn from the lessons and tools used in her popular mentoring program, the FlyLady system helps you create doable housekeeping routines and break down overwhelming chores into manageable missions that will restore peace to your home--and your psyche. Soon you'll be able to greet guests without fear, find your keys, locate your kids, and, most of all, learn how to FLY: Finally Love Yourself.… (more)

I found this book has a lot of useful information for my quest of getting my life in order. Lots of housecleaning tips about breaking down chores into manageable missions by spending 15 minute increments and then moving onto another room for 15 minutes more. Helps you set up a schedule of what to clean on certain days. De-cluttering tips are most helpful in order to simplify the chaos you may be living too. Lots of humor and musings. Recommended ( )
  EadieB | Mar 16, 2020 |
With her special blend of housecleaning tips, humor, and musings about daily life, Marla Cilley, a.k.a. The FlyLady, shows you how to manage clutter and chaos and get your home—and your life—in order. Drawn from the lessons and tools used in her popular mentoring program, the FlyLady system helps you create doable housekeeping routines and break down overwhelming chores into manageable missions that will restore peace to your home—and your psyche. Soon you’ll be able to greet guests without fear, find your keys, locate your kids, and, most of all, learn how to FLY: Finally Love Yourself. ( )
  LynneQuan | Sep 22, 2017 |
There are some really good nuggets of advice here but she also annoyed me.

Apart from the emphasis on God that rears regularly, which broke my reading, her treating of her husband as a child annoyed me, I'm sure she has her life, but not insisting that her husband person up and do for himself (remind him that his lunch is in the fridge for ex) and not realising that both parents helping with housework, particularly when both are working is a good role-model for kids.

And the shoes thing, nope, I wear slip-ons at home that I can go outdoors in (loves my birkenstocks) and I am prone to athletes foot, so keeping my feet aired is good, (me not going barefoot is because I have bad feet but I would and I did for years, and regularly swept floors, because grit underfoot is unpleasant.)

I did try signing up for the newsletter but I got annoyed at being told to shine my sink while I was in work. I do think that a lot of the ideas are good but she rubbed me up the wrong way, not my book. ( )
  wyvernfriend | Jan 7, 2017 |
I use the FlyLady to keep me focused in housework.
  JCBest | Feb 6, 2014 |
I use the FlyLady to keep me focused in housework.
1 vote JCBest | Feb 6, 2014 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 147,900,696 books! | Top bar: Always visible