Tending Roses (Tending Roses Series, Book 1)…

Tending Roses (Tending Roses Series, Book 1) (edition 2001)

by Lisa Wingate (Author)

A young woman living on a remote Missouri farm and struggling to care for her husband, baby, and ailing grandmother, Katie Benson seeks inspiration in dealing with the vicissitudes of life in the pages of her grandmother's journal.
Member:librarymom6
Title:Tending Roses (Tending Roses Series, Book 1)
Authors:Lisa Wingate (Author)
Info:Berkley (2001), Edition: 1st, 274 pages
Collections:Audiobook, Christian Fiction
Tags:1/20 Grandma Rose

Tending Roses (Tending Roses Series, Book 1) by Lisa Wingate

Tending Roses depicts the realistic falling away of families—becoming busy in our own lives, or holding on to past hurts, that puts a wedge between those we’d preferably cling to. And Christmastime is the premier occasion to join together, even if the circumstances aren’t ideal.

After Grandma Rose has a stroke, the splintered family comes together to come up with a game plan for her future. Clearly, this isn’t an easy decision.

This is such a beautiful story, showcasing the importance of family bonds and spiritual faith.
  Gmomaj | Sep 28, 2019 |
Lisa Wingate is one of my favorite authors. She delivers heartwarming, soul edifying stories. Every. Single. Time. Her stories have an abundance of heart and her characters own the perfect balance of strengths and limitations.

After Grandma Rose has a stroke, the splintered family comes together to come up with a game plan for her future. Clearly, this isn’t an easy decision, and one I can relate to in my own life.

As with all of Ms. Wingate’s characters, Kate Bowman is easy to connect with. I connected with her from the very beginning and understood her motivations and heart.

I was blessed to receive a complimentary copy of this book. ( )
  Nicnac63 | Oct 11, 2018 |
Tending roses is a complex and heartwarming tale of family relationships, love, and plain old human life, and is well worth the read. I give it 4.25 bubbles, and I definitely plan to read the rest of the series! Read full review at www.bubblebathbooks.net ( )
  bubblebathbooks | May 9, 2014 |
Such a good book! Kate, her husband and baby move to Grandma's farm for a last Christmas with her. The family is fractured still over her mother's death 6 years ago, and now that Grandma Rose's health is declining, the family has decided to put her in a nursing home. But is that right for Grandma Rose? And is the fastrack Chicago life right for Kate? Grandma's wildflower journal with short thoughts seems to appear just when Kate needs the wisdom and knowledge that it provides. And the Christmas time with Grandma doesn't turn out like anything any of the family expected. Have the tissues handy for the ending. The "journal" entries are very moving on their own. Wonderful read. ( )
  nancynova | Mar 29, 2014 |
A lovely intergenerational tale. When Katie Benson and her husband come for an extended visit with her grandmother, she doesn't let on she's there to keep an eye on her her until the rest of the family arrives to pack her up and move her to a senior facility. It's not an easy transition for the Bensons - moving in with a baby, the telecommuting her husband banked on not possible from the farmhouse. But they are drawn in to the life of the community, and into a greater appreciation of Katie's grandmother. Realistic, well-developed characters and situations make this a book worth reading.

Bookcrossing; http://www.bookcrossing.com/journal/6103390/ ( )
  wareagle78 | Jan 23, 2014 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 141,822,642 books! | Top bar: Always visible